Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my bike has recently started stalling when im at the traffic lights or rapidly slowing down when pulling the clutch in. is there anyway to increase the idle? because its always running really low on idle then cuts out

could this have anything to do with the fuel? i changed my fuel from 95 to 98 a few weeks ago which is about the same time it started happening...

any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its idling just above 0. really really low and no about the coils. no idea what they are either :p new to riding. how do i go about changing coils? i know there was a call back for them how do i get mine?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Sounds like an ignition problem somewhere man. check all of your ignition components, plugs, coil, wires, etc. Also try switchin back to the fuel that you knew worked. Using higher grade fuel than what you require does nothing for you but give you extra carbon deposits...literally...

·
Registered
998 Posts
Adjust your idle screw so it's at about 1,200 rpm's when it's warm. How many miles/kms does the bike have? Get a service manual for it. Do you know if the previous services have been done to it? You can call a dealer and give them the VIN to find out if the coils have been done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where is the idle screw located? yeah im gonna switch it back to the old fuel. usually it was idling at around 0-500 rpm. now its like 250. could the heat also be a factor? its 45 degrees C here daily. it has 20000km on the clock now was last serviced at 16000km

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
You can adjust the idle speed by turning a gold screw.Just behind the fairing & forward of the oil fill cap on the RH side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts