Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dealing with this recurring issue on and off for a while now. When I pull in the clutch the bike stalls out no matter what gear or speed I am riding at. When I restart the bike it idles rough. When I let it sit for a little while and go to restart it it’s like nothing happened. Some one please help me figure out what is going! I am tired of dealing with this.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,522 Posts
You need to make sure the clutch freeplay is correctly adjusted. If so, then it is oil weight dragging like the first gear clunk on a cold startup, or basket/clutch discs are worn/warped. Does it roll with very much resistance in gear clutch disengaged engine off? Might need to rock to free the oil first.

Reactions: Zthurber

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,510 Posts
What year bike?
How many miles are on the bike?
Have you had the tank off? Are the vent hoses kinked?
How long into a ride does the issue start showing up?

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,510 Posts
You need to make sure the clutch freeplay is correctly adjusted. If so, then it is oil weight dragging like the first gear clunk on a cold startup, or basket/clutch discs are worn/warped. Does it roll with very much resistance in gear clutch disengaged engine off? Might need to rock to free the oil first.
Mord,
I think you meant this reply to be to another thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year bike?
How many miles are on the bike?
Have you had the tank off? Are the vent hoses kinked?
How long into a ride does the issue start showing up?
The bike is an 03 with roughly 11k-13k miles. the issues start showing up randomly with no time frame. Could be at the beginning or during the middle of it. From what I can tell there are no kinks in any of the hoses.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,510 Posts
When is starts doing it,splash some water on the headers. See if the water evaporates slower on one header. If so swap the coil from that cylinder with one of the others. The next time it acts up, repeat the test and see if the issue follows the coil. If so, the coil is bad.

Also be sure the coils are Mitsubishi brand,not Denso. (There was a recall)

To check for a fuel tank venting issue, (kinked or plugged hoses), open the fuel cap and see if the issue clears.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,522 Posts
I combined two clutch related in my finger dance. Crap.

He didn't say it dies while under throttle, so less of engine braking turning over a non running engine vs clutch freeplay not disengaged fully. Fuel vents can also ve tested by opening the cap. You should here the air sucked in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts