Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find some good priced stands on the net (not some gay cheaply built ones) ??? (spool type)

·
IQ = Post Count
1,731 Posts
- I have a set of these and they aren't cheaply built. Paid $113 shipped. Set of spools will cost about $15.

- I also heard positive remarks about Redline Stands, but have never personally seen any. Some of their prices include the spools.

- Ebay, of course.

- I'm assuming you don't want to spend the money on the pitbulls.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I will be getting either Redline or Handy stands (I think that's what they're called) Definitely the ones used with spools though. Unless I hear something really bad about either of these stands, there is no way I will pay twice as much for Pitbull, although they are nice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
TapoutR6 said:
I will be getting either Redline or Handy stands (I think that's what they're called) Definitely the ones used with spools though. Unless I hear something really bad about either of these stands, there is no way I will pay twice as much for Pitbull, although they are nice.
:stupic

www.redlinestands.com

I have two pair and they are excellent! Redline stands are are also sponsors of the R1-forum so you know you will get good service.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I use the Handy's...ZERO complaints...and $110 for front and rear...can't beat it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the Redline stands and they are good, just want you to know that with the Redline stands they dont have a finish on them it comes as raw metal. I got them and then powdercoated them the color I wanted, I can put pics up if you would like for the ones I have on my R6.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
311 Posts
how much did it cost to have them powdercoated? I painted mine but powdercoating is a better option...

I was gonna get both handy front and back but i ended up with a redline rear and couldnt be happier, the bike doesnt move while im on it on the stand... lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have redline stands as well...but one thing to keep in mind...yes you have to paint them...but you may have to prep them a little as well. use an sos pad to scrap off the rust that may have formed in transit... kind of a pain..but the stands are very sound.

I just spray painted mine after the prep work.....good stands overall....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YODA In your posts it says you use handy's stands....although on their website i can only find the swingarm stands instead of spools :stupic ...and i see in your pic that you got spool ones....can you send me a link or something....thnx man

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
^^^ Yup

And, when you place the order, they will email you back to confirm the pad or spool if you don't specify. I was impressed with their process, and it was quite fast.

·
Registered
351 Posts
yoda said:
^^^ Yup

And, when you place the order, they will email you back to confirm the pad or spool if you don't specify. I was impressed with their process, and it was quite fast.
Do they come with spools/bobbins or do you have to buy your own?

·
Registered
351 Posts
My bad never clicked on "these" thanks :mrgreen:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Spools = bobbins
Spools> pads

With spools the bike is stuck in the stand, with a pad its just on the top... spools are the only way to go

I pull my bike around and move it while on the stand and not scared at all anything is gonna happen

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
suekie said:
Anyone know where I can find some good priced stands on the net (not some gay cheaply built ones) ??? (spool type)
i got my pit from my buddy. 50$. like it was said. e0bay is the best for used. or just go to pit bulls site and get it from there. mark up is not bad.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.