Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved and now have a small garage, no bump out or anything. So it has become a PITA to get all my toys in with the vehicles, so I think a rear wheel stand may help me get the bike next to a car.

My question is since I have never used one, can I do it by myself? If that makes sense. Or do you need an extra set of hands to get the stand under it?

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
It's pretty easy to do by yourself. I stand on the right side of the bike and pull it towards me so that it stands upright. Then I place the stand in position with my left hand. If the bike falls to the left, the kickstand saves it. If it falls to the right, it falls on me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine goes on the stand everytime I get done riding. It's not hard at all...just get some spools and a nice stand (I have the vortex one). Just line it up where you want it to go, put down the kickstand and get off...then go to the back of the bike, position the stand under the spool that is closest to the ground (since the bike will be leaning). Pull the bike up to straight up and down and balance it there with one hand while manouvering the stand under the other spool, then push down on the stand handle until it's all the way down. Then just roll the bike forward until you have it in the right spot (since it'll move backwards when you lift the tire up)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts