Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any recomendations on bike stands? Are any really better than any other ones? Should i get a front and a rear or just stick with the rear?

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
redline makes some nice stands

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
I got some T-Rex stands off Ebay. Front and Rear. Liking them so far. :)

·
mOnKeY C MoNkEy dO!!!
39 Posts
I got Redline and work perfect.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
as long as they're constructed well, i don't think paying for a name is worth the extra coin. my two cents. make sure they'll leave you access to your axle nut. had to modify a buddy's stand last night to get to mine so take the tire off (he'da had to do it later anyways to adjust his chain tension). no harm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
has anyone tried the t-rex front triple tree stand? I'd like to be able to take my front forks off? price is right, but I dont want to buy an unstable stand because it was a little cheaper.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I have vortex stands no complaints here. My front stand is the one that goes into the steering stem so I can take off my forks and its definitely stable.

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
The best stand out there by far is the PitBull forward handle rear stand. take a look at the PIX below of my bike on one.

If you want to keep your bike out of the way and tuck her in a corner this stand will do it for you as you can place the back wheel right up to the wall. You can also hold the left clip-on and lift the bike up without and worry of dropping her when holding the bike from the tail to lift from the back with all other stands.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
jsut look for stability when teh bike is on the stands. I have a cheap set, paid $100 for the pair. With the rear alone its not so sturdy, but the front and rear together is very sturdy...

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
The best stand out there by far is the PitBull forward handle rear stand. take a look at the PIX below of my bike on one.

If you want to keep your bike out of the way and tuck her in a corner this stand will do it for you as you can place the back wheel right up to the wall. You can also hold the left clip-on and lift the bike up without and worry of dropping her when holding the bike from the tail to lift from the back with all other stands.

Ooooh does my hair look good like this!!! WTF WHY THE FOOK IS YOU BIKE IN A SAUNA???

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
has anyone tried the t-rex front triple tree stand? I'd like to be able to take my front forks off? price is right, but I dont want to buy an unstable stand because it was a little cheaper.
I have a set of the T-Rex stands, and I have the front triple attachment. It is actually very sturdy. The T-Rex are actually very well built. I have had two sets one for my ninja and one for my R6, and both sets are great. The nice thing about the triple tree attachment is that you don't have to just use it. The front also comes with the normal attachmet with is what I normally use unless I am taking off the front tire, just for the fact that it is easier to just throw up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Longbrake, thanks for the review and the pictures. I am definately going to order them. (the option to switch between triple and fork support @ that price is great...just need someone to confirm they were stable. I can't wait to have a set of stands, working on the bike is going to be way easier.:drink thats a clean looking six you got by the way.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks alot guys for the input! Looks like im gonna go with the Pitbull forward handle due to lack of space in my garage.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can you take the front wheel off with Front stands that connect to the Fork, or do you need to have a one that is supported by the tree?

The forward handle Pitbulls seem so key if nothing else, ease of putting it up. Not sure about spooled stands but the swingarm ones are a little dicey as a solo act.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts