Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Very Nice!!
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 r6 full leo vince an pcv and their map for my system, so when im riding and go wot its like the bike stalls for a second doesnt respond it's still moving. You can hear the bikes engine revving but its not acclerating , and rpms stay at 12k then it shoots up to redline like theirs no more power past 12k. Should i try another map?

Im gonna remove the PC and see if it does the same thing or not if i remember correctly it wasnt doing this until PC was put on, im thinking the A/F ratio is all screwy.

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
sounds like you should try a different map

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
RPM shoots to Redline and engine revs with it? But you dont go any faster?

Sounds like a slipping clutch to me...

·
Very Nice!!
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RPM shoots to Redline and engine revs with it? But you dont go any faster?

Sounds like a slipping clutch to me...
I don't think it's the clutch I can shift through the gears no prob and I'm already in gear when this is happening. I fixed the problem I think, I took the pcv map off an put it back to stock problem went away. I put the graves full exhaust map on an it hasn't happen again? Weird..

·
R6
44 Posts
had the same problem when i installed my pcv wit the leo vince map also changed to graves and fixed the problem. but im gonna go with a dyno to make the bike run mint again

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
If you are in gear, and the engine is running up in RPM, the PC would have nothing to do with the bike not moving with the engine accelerating... A slipping clutch can be off an on. It doesnt have to be all the time. A slipping clutch happens when you are IN GEAR.

PC adjusts fuel/air mixture, etc. It cannot stop the link between the engine and the tire. Unless I am completely mistaken how shit works....:confused::confused:

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
My first thought was the clutch but if the problem has gone away after you change a couple things then good on ya. Like jspansel said, a slipping clutch doesn't happen all the time so if it starts to happen again adjust the clutch or rebuild it if necessary.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I don't think it's the clutch I can shift through the gears no prob and I'm already in gear when this is happening. I fixed the problem I think, I took the pcv map off an put it back to stock problem went away. I put the graves full exhaust map on an it hasn't happen again? Weird..
Let me ask you this. When you hit 12k rpm, does the bike stop accelerating but the RPM's continues to rise.

·
Very Nice!!
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me ask you this. When you hit 12k rpm, does the bike stop accelerating but the RPM's continues to rise.
It's kinda hard to explain but, say I'm in 2nd or 3rd around 8k and I go wot as soon as I hit 12k 12.5k rpm on the tach the needle stops for a split second.

Like it's retarded and I'm not acclerating, then it starts pulling again and I shift to the next gear. Only reason I blame the pcv is because my bike has only 10k miles an this only started after I put a new map.

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
Ha, my 07 does this at 10k RPM with the MJS map. I sent it in to the dynojet guys and they added some fuel back to the rpms I said were sluggish.

Got everything all loaded up on bike, after borrowing my friend's laptop.... just realized 5 hours later, I had loaded the original MJS map on their not the edited one that I got back from Dynojet. Doh!

The good news (scientifically speaking) the power hole is still there.

Hopefully putting the new map on next time will fill that hole in power.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I still do not get why people are considering on going to PCV for 300+ bucks when you can have YEC at compatible prices with tons of more features!

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I still do not get why people are considering on going to PCV for 300+ bucks when you can have YEC at compatible prices with tons of more features!
isn't the yec computer like $600? then you have to use the new wire harness for another $300?
yeah that's why everyone goes for the better option for $300 instead of $900 for a tune.

his problem is in his tune. it probably does the same thing without the pcv installed. a generic map isn't what you should use period.

·
10 years owner's club
658 Posts
just get the auto tune for the PC V, that'll clear out kinks in your map, then if the problem still persists, could be the slipping clutch and time for a new one...:sing
where are PC Vs at? i can't find them on the dynojet website. is auto tune sold as part of the kit or is it an additional accessory?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts