Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a local race track here (MSRHouston.com) about 5 miles from me, I was wondering do you think it would be worth getting the bikes suspension set specifically for me, and how much is the average cost of getting something like this done?

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I had my suspension done by Motorcycles Unlimited off of 1960. These guys setup a lot of race suspensions for guys that race in Texas.

They are the best shop around to get it set up. Go join Motohouston.com and then you will get discounts when getting work done. But you have to tell them you are from motohouston.

For the basic setup they charge $25 and they will get your stock suspension adjusted properly and it is worth having it done.

They can also do full suspension upgrades and installs so what ever you want they can accomadate you.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
20 for a basic set up......i think it's worth it!

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
Best money you'll ever spend on your bike. Seriously.

If Dave Moss comes to your track, he's a great guy and does fantastic work. If not, support your local trackside vendor. If there's a RaceTech vendor there, I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Usually cost is $25-$40 for basic set-up and some tweaking. Well worth it. You'll be amazed. You'll be safer and quicker, with added confidence.

-D

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Wow...i should try to find a place around here that would do a setup for mine! Not sure where though!

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Getting the stock suspension setup definitely makes a difference.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Best thing you can do for the money. I don't have any place here to set up my suspension so I spent forever doing the settings myself. I would have happily paid almost any amount for professional setup.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
well i guess i just figured out the next thing im going to do. 25-50 bucks is cheap for added safety, more confidence, and quicker cornering!!!!

if anyone knows a good place to get it done in the PA,NJ area let me know, otherwise i will just go the dealer most all the local bike shops close to me are dealerships and they pretty much rape you every time you go in there. it will prob be 3 times the cost or more to get a custom suspension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts