Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my insurance is offering 6791 for the bike. The KBB and NADA on it is 7060. Think it's worth it to fight it.

·
RESPECT
29,160 Posts
Depends if you own it outright or if you are making payments. I'd be happy with that, but that's just me.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
I'd try, but dont know how that would work. Let me know because I'm going through the same thing with my car though.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I would fight it a little bit and involve after market parts....

I wouldn't mind taking that, usually bikes sell for less than kbb values, and now that the season is over that is more the case.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Am i missing somethin' here? Maybe $1000 deduc???
Wouldn't hurt to fight for that extra change
He said the payout was $6,791. But he did not make mention of a deductible. Assuming that it is a $500 deductible then that could mean 1 of 2 things. Because typically in a total loss they send you a check for the vehicle minus the deductible.

So if the check is $6,791 then it is possible they took the deductible out already and the total amount they gave him was $7,291. But if they haven't taken the deductible out yet then that means he could possibly get a check for $6,291.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Take all your aftermarket parts off the bike. Unless insurance is considering those in price. Normally they will only cover stock replacement, unless you pay for the added coverage of aftermarket upgrades. KBB is the same thing, value for stock. So if the insurance is insistent on taking it as it, then insist on more money. Also you should be able to buy it back as a salvage for a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
He said the payout was $6,791. But he did not make mention of a deductible. Assuming that it is a $500 deductible then that could mean 1 of 2 things. Because typically in a total loss they send you a check for the vehicle minus the deductible.

So if the check is $6,791 then it is possible they took the deductible out already and the total amount they gave him was $7,291. But if they haven't taken the deductible out yet then that means he could possibly get a check for $6,291.
understood....that cleared things right up.
How many miles were on the bike by the way or ins don't typically dwell on mileage with bikes

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
Do you have all the receipts for the aftermarket stuff you have? That might prove that you have a little more money in it.

What's the worst they could say? I'm with everyone else. Try to work them up and if they don't budge, then they don't budge

EDIT: I type too slow ^^^

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
understood....that cleared things right up.
How many miles were on the bike by the way or ins don't typically dwell on mileage with bikes
Some insurance companies like to go by "like value". They will do a comparison in your region for bikes that are similar in year, modifications, features, mileage, damage, etc... So for example they find 40 bikes and the median average is $6,500 that is what they will cut the check for.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Some insurance companies like to go by "like value". They will do a comparison in your region for bikes that are similar in year, modifications, features, mileage, damage, etc... So for example they find 40 bikes and the median average is $6,500 that is what they will cut the check for.
^ He at least sounds :)rolleyes:) like he knows what he's talkin' about...so I'll listen to him. :popcorn:

·
Love To Ride!!
619 Posts

Spot on. I know that we use ACV, actual cash value. In other words we pay for what a similar bike is selling for in your given area. Atleast that's how my company does it, I work for the auto club of southern california in thier claims department.

Are you going through your own carrier or the other parties insurance?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts