Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Video of the issue

As shown in the video, bike wants to die if I rev it in neutral/clutch disengaged, or if I pull the clutch in too early when slowing down. Runs perfect everywhere else, idles fine as well. I do have a full exhaust but the bikes been dyno tuned and I even put an auto tune on because I thought the issue was that the bike was running rich, however it’s still doing this. Anyone ever had an issue similar to this? Been trying to figure this out for a while now but not sure what else could be the issue. Thinking it could also be valves, but the bike only has 5000 miles on it.

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
Video of the issue

As shown in the video, bike wants to die if I rev it in neutral/clutch disengaged, or if I pull the clutch in too early when slowing down. Runs perfect everywhere else, idles fine as well. I do have a full exhaust but the bikes been dyno tuned and I even put an auto tune on because I thought the issue was that the bike was running rich, however it’s still doing this. Anyone ever had an issue similar to this? Been trying to figure this out for a while now but not sure what else could be the issue. Thinking it could also be valves, but the bike only has 5000 miles on it.
Common symptom of tight valves. But if your dash is correct it’s hard to believe they are that bad at 5k. A bad stator can cause the same issue. Has it had any issues starting or do you keep it on a battery tender? Any codes at all in the CEL

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,651 Posts
Is your clutch actually fully disengaged?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Common symptom of tight valves. But if your dash is correct it’s hard to believe they are that bad at 5k. A bad stator can cause the same issue. Has it had any issues starting or do you keep it on a battery tender? Any codes at all in the CEL
I ended up finding the original owner and he told me that the odometer is wrong so I’m pretty sure you’re right in saying it’s the valves. It’s a little harder to start when cold which I’ve read is a symptom of tight valves as well.

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
I ended up finding the original owner and he told me that the odometer is wrong so I’m pretty sure you’re right in saying it’s the valves. It’s a little harder to start when cold which I’ve read is a symptom of tight valves as well.
It’s where I would start for sure. Easy fix but alot of labor. If you’re handy with tools and familiar I’d recommend measuring the clearance yourself. It’ll cut the time in half for a shop if it’s already tore down to the valve cover at least

1 - 5 of 5 Posts