Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
im literally having the exact same issue right now. i tore everything but the fuel pump apart last night and couldn't find anything. gonna dig back into it tonight, and if i find anything ill let you know.

several of my mechanic friends said that sometimes motorcycles will have problems after it rains and they just need to thoroughly dry out and will be good to go again. i'm hoping this is the case for mine and it will be alright again in a few days...

· NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
mine was essentially the same. it was out in the rain, then i went to warm her up after work yesterday and she fired up and ran for about 2 minutes at idle then i went to take her down the street and back to warm up a bit more before i left and then she bogged down when i tried to give some throttle and died.

after that it would crank as hard as normal, but wouldn't fire up. i need mine fixed asap too because i'm trying to sell it so i'm hoping by the time i get home its dried itself out and fires up.

· NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
After all of that shenanigans I finally pulled my fuel pump and emptied the tank. My entire pump was filled with water that got in the lines by me trying to crank it repeatedly so I emptied the tank and drained the pump and let it sit and bake in the sun all day today. I grabbed a can of starting fluid on the way home from work and sprayed the intake and on the second shot mine fired up quick and stayed running like normal in the driveway for 30 minutes and then I took her for a ride to be sure.

It'd probably be worth checking your tank like I did. Good luck man...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.