Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fixed my last problem but now the bike is doing something different.everything works fine exept for the start button wont work.gauges all light up ok,lights are fine,runs perfect when roll started.but nothing happens when i push the start button.

any ideas??

thanks
robert

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i fixed my last problem but now the bike is doing something different.everything works fine exept for the start button wont work.gauges all light up ok,lights are fine,runs perfect when roll started.but nothing happens when i push the start button.

any ideas??

thanks
robert
i had the same problem on a 02 suzuki "Can-o-tuna". One of the wires had broken loose on the contact behind the switch. This involves taking the switch assembly apart, but thats a piece of cake. If you have a fluke just put it on the continuity test and listen for the beep. But once its open its a little obvious if you have a wire that has become unsoldered.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I would put your ecu into diagnostic mode and check that your safety switches are working properly (sidestand, clutch and neutral indicator). Instructions are in the service manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts