Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have this brake bleeder and actually got it working. It refuses to pull fluid through the bleed nipple. Contacted bikemaster and they simply said "oh you must have a leak somewhere"...thanks super helpful bikemaster.

All hoses are connected and snug and cap screwed on tight, so don't see where a leak would be coming from. It pulls fluid from reservoir directly too. The directions are poor at best and make no mention of compressor pressure recommendations, but tried many settings.

Things a piece of junk, but for the couple times you change b-fluid I was hoping it would suffice.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/58630/i/bikemaster-brake-fluid-bleeder?WT.ac=SLIsearch

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I have a mightyvac for sale if interested.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a mightyvac for sale if interested.
If i can not get this thing working in these next few days and my frustration leads to smashing it to bits I will take you up on that. I'll send you a PM if I am interested and at what cost.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
If i can not get this thing working in these next few days and my frustration leads to smashing it to bits I will take you up on that. I'll send you a PM if I am interested and at what cost.
Connect the hose directly to the bleeder cap. Don't use the right angle fittings. I don't even use the right angle fittings on my old mityvac. They always leak air and prevent full suction.

Make sure the bleeder is wide open. needs like 3/4 of a turn to really get it flowing. And only use the bleeder to get it flushed and suck some fluid into the lines. All the hoses leak when suction is added and you really need to finish off the bleed manually so you can see if there are bubbles or not.

Have someone help and hold the hose so it goes upward making the fluid climb so you can really see bubbles or not.

Even super cheap shitty bleeders work if you use em right. And even expensive ones I don't trust my life on. I always bleed manually for the final bleed.

And don't use that T piece. Run the hose directly into the part that sucks in and connect to one caliper/bleeder at a time only

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
You can easily tell if the thing is working right by putting your finger over the hose. If it isn't creating suction with your finger on there, you know it isn't working.

Anybody have this brake bleeder and actually got it working. It refuses to pull fluid through the bleed nipple. Contacted bikemaster and they simply said "oh you must have a leak somewhere"...thanks super helpful bikemaster.

All hoses are connected and snug and cap screwed on tight, so don't see where a leak would be coming from. It pulls fluid from reservoir directly too. The directions are poor at best and make no mention of compressor pressure recommendations, but tried many settings.

Things a piece of junk, but for the couple times you change b-fluid I was hoping it would suffice.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/58630/i/bikemaster-brake-fluid-bleeder?WT.ac=SLIsearch
What does the bold part mean? is it pulling fluid or not?

Do you have previous experience with using a vacuum pump to bleed brakes?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can easily tell if the thing is working right by putting your finger over the hose. If it isn't creating suction with your finger on there, you know it isn't working.

What does the bold part mean? is it pulling fluid or not?

Do you have previous experience with using a vacuum pump to bleed brakes?
When i put the hose in the reservoir it had no problem pulling the liquid out of the reservoir. When connected to bleeder nipple...nothing. Nope first time using a vacuum system. There was a little suction with finger over end but not much.

Chief: Thanks for this bit of info will give this a try when i get home. Makes sense about those right angle pieces and do believe your right that they cause problems.

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
Auto parts stores like Advanced Auto, AutoZone, and O'Reilly's will let you "borrow" their brake bleed tool as well. Basically you buy they kit and then they refund you in full when you bring it back.

Something else to consider if you're out of options.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
that's what I did to my mityvac. they're junk too. the plastic lense of the guage will crack and fall out with easy use. and it just takes a mist of brake fluid getting in it to ruin it. a one man brake bleed tool is less than $7.

a bleeder you hook up to a air hose is the best way to bleed brakes hands down. it's how the factory fills the systems.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product...code=FROOGLE&gclid=CKDBvdS-pcACFahj7Aod1Q8AJQ

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Connect the hose directly to the bleeder cap. Don't use the right angle fittings. I don't even use the right angle fittings on my old mityvac. They always leak air and prevent full suction.

Make sure the bleeder is wide open. needs like 3/4 of a turn to really get it flowing. And only use the bleeder to get it flushed and suck some fluid into the lines. All the hoses leak when suction is added and you really need to finish off the bleed manually so you can see if there are bubbles or not.

Have someone help and hold the hose so it goes upward making the fluid climb so you can really see bubbles or not.

Even super cheap shitty bleeders work if you use em right. And even expensive ones I don't trust my life on. I always bleed manually for the final bleed.

And don't use that T piece. Run the hose directly into the part that sucks in and connect to one caliper/bleeder at a time only
This worked better. Still pulls more air then fluid, but it got the job done. Definitely bled them manually at the end though. Thanks Chief.

And thanks to everybody else for the help as well. Had no idea I was going to have so much difficulty bleeding brakes, haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts