Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed proton flushmount on 07 R6 there work and look great..

the rear stock signals and the dash lights flashes very fast.

do i need a different flasher unit ???

i look on line tobefast.com found this one PN# ELFR-1 will this do the trick :screwy

·
Registered
378 Posts
I hooked up my flush mounts and now my turn signals on my guage panel are always lit up. I dont know what the deal is. :(

·
gotta catch me first
153 Posts
I installed flushmounts a few months back and my blink rate sped up. I didn't mind it but just today I installed a rear intergrated tail and that same flasher unit from tobefast and they work great. Plug and play definatley beats splicing in resistors. Now I need to make me a flip plate. :)

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Well if you are having problems with your blinkers you might need to change your blinker fluid.

Make sure you buy the D.O.T 10 fluid thats the best one for the blinkers on the r6.

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats good how some bubble oil for you level makes it work better
are a sky hook
are smoke shifter

thats all for the help guys will be calling tobefast today for a order

·
Forum Moderator
3,103 Posts
If you run LED's up front and rear you will need to buy a special relay like the Trick Flasher. If you run LED's just up front like the Greggs Flushmounts and the stock bulbs in the back you will get a fast flash. In the past I've used a automotive type relay to slow it down. It's the little aluminum one for about two dollars. You have to wire it in after you remove the stock Denso flasher. It will slow the blink rate way down to what it should be. Like I say, it won't work if your running LED's front and rear.

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just LED in front and stock in the back for now. i have a flasher coming from tobefast.com that should do the trick

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got my trick flasher in the other day ordered it fron Nick at tobefast.com

got all hooked up and she works great thanks again Mc Coys for being there :sing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts