Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help!! i have been thinking of painting my wheels blue and white to match the bike. with the spokes being blue and the lip white. so if any of you have good photoshop skillls or some good input would be great!!

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well if you have any better ideas let me hear them

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I'd go blue on black

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
well if you have any better ideas let me hear them
Blue with a polished lip maybe?

I'm sorry to come off like a dick immediately, but this is all you see on here is photoshop requests. This is nothing personal. I just wonder what people used to do before photoshop.. Oh wait, they would use their imagination and picture what it would look like. Kinda like what people do when they jack off I guess..

And +1000 to you having an awesome bike.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took no offense to it at all. i understand where you are coming from completly. i thought about doing a polished lip but i have polished on the wheels on my truck and they are a pain in a** to keep polished. thanks on the complements it still needs some other stuff done to as well.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
or you can do a white wheel in the front and a blue wheel in the back...theres some imagination for you guys!

·
Just passing through.
453 Posts
white with blue in a spiral, so it has the "twilight zone" effect when spinning.

:)

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
i took no offense to it at all. i understand where you are coming from completly. i thought about doing a polished lip but i have polished on the wheels on my truck and they are a pain in a** to keep polished. thanks on the complements it still needs some other stuff done to as well.
:werd

I hear what your sayin about keepin up on polished aluminum. I think white will be a pam in the ass too. I dunno if you wash your bike a lot or not. But keepin white clean is gonna be tough.

So after lookin at the pics again, I think you should go with Blue spokes with black outter portion of the wheel. So like, only blue on the spokes.

I'd then top it off with a matching blue solo seat cowl with some white on it. Maybe a white # plate. Put a matching one up front.

maybe some white fren tubo's too!

·
Registered
183 Posts
White on the wheels might look better but they will suck to keep clean, trust me one of my old bikes had white wheels. Also I would powdercoat whatever you decided on, it is a superior finish especially on wheels.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i am pretty anal about keeping my bike clean. i dust it and clean it before i ride then i wash it when i get home. all i know is i was something diff

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd do just a nice blue on both wheels, not a fan of two tone. I think that would look real good, simple and clean.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmm what to do what to do

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yours isn't to bad looking either. I love my 2010

·
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
274 Posts
Yours isn't to bad looking either. I love my 2010
I wish I had an updated pic. How it looks in my pic was on day 1. It looks quite a bit different now and I'm waiting to put on an Olson Y-pipe and GYTR muffler. Once spring comes I'll get some sweet pictures!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea I would like to see some pictures of it. I am wanting to get exhaust on it but its going to have to wait till tax time. It sucks you live so far away we could take pics of the twins and then hit some twistys!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts