Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant decide whether I want my rear sets, exhaust, kickstand etc powder coated blue or black. I know the blue wont be an exact match that doesn't really bother me. The bike will look more unique with blue powder coat but it might look weird in blue rather than black. I plan on getting a -1/+2 sprocket kit in blue for the bike and the levers / barends are already blue ( not the yamaha blue though). What do you think?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I just had my rear sets, pass pegs, kickstand, and gas cap done earlier this week in flat black and it looks great.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had my rear sets, pass pegs, kickstand, and gas cap done earlier this week in flat black and it looks great.
The problem I have with black is that itll just blend in to the rest of the black. I like the accents the blue would make I just dont know if the off coloring will make it look bad

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeah I get you, I guess my whole goal was to make it blend in anyway heh. I just have a feeling the blue wont end up looking all that great.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Your bike your call.

For example some people hate the decals some love it. I'm going to get mine powder coated black mainly because I'm going with a black/red scheme like everyone else for my charcoal.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I went with a gloss black instead of flat because the flat just blends in. With the gloss, it makes the parts look aftermarket. I spent a lot time grinding the casting burrs and edges to make the rearsets almost look like billet pieces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts