Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on guys and girls! My name is Johnathan, from Orlando, FL. I currently live in Fort Walton Beach, FL. I'm active duty Air Force and currently stationed at Hurlburt Field. Just bought my 2006 Yamaha Blue R6. It currently has $13,xxx miles. I got it for $3,000 from my supervisor who was separating. The bike is in great condition and was well maintained.

This is my first bike, and I look forward to learning what this site has to offer.
Any tips, suggestions, and comments are more than welcome. :)

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's going on guys and girls! My name is Johnathan, from Orlando, FL. I currently live in Fort Walton Beach, FL. I'm active duty Air Force and currently stationed at Hurlburt Field. Just bought my 2006 Yamaha Blue R6. It currently has $13,xxx miles. I got it for $3,000 from my supervisor who was separating. The bike is in great condition and was well maintained.

This is my first bike, and I look forward to learning what this site has to offer.
Any tips, suggestions, and comments are more than welcome. :)
Welcome :wave
A R6 is a whole lotta first bike.
Be careful and respect it.
Go to a track day.
And have fun!
Thanks for the welcome guys. I know, The R6 is a big step for a first bike. I have nothing but respect for it. I'm not trying to end up in a bad situation. I definitely plan on heading to the track one of these days.

·
Touchdown!
1,412 Posts
Gear up man. Whenever I travel to Florida all I see are squids everywhere with no gear. Racing boots, gauntlet gloves and a good leather jacket should be the bare minimum you are wearing whenever you head out on the bike.
A good helmet too.

·
Touchdown!
1,412 Posts
So I just ordered some Icon gloves, an Icon Carbon Fiber Helmet, and I'm looking into a good leather jacket. I'm wearing gear all the time, I don't care how hot it is.
Get a leather jacket that's perforated, and you'll be fine.

I just ordered a new custom leather jacket. :nocontrol

Have fun, and be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts