Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the hell does the bracket for the strapless can go to on the bike...I have looked at every pic I can find, but can't make out what it mounts to...I am ordering my can in about a week, just wanted to be sure there is no cutting or anything.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Jonathan said:
How does it look from the rear/sides? I have an aftermarket LED plate kit http://www.sportbikecreations.net/yamaha.html do you think it will bolt up ok?
you can hardly see it from the back. all you see is the piece that comes down and connects to the can but you are seeing it on edge and it's about 1/8" thick or so, so you never even really notice it. this is it.

as for the plate kit you have, its hard to tell in those pics how it bolts up but if it uses the stock hole locations, you should be golden. The pipe bracket I think uses the 2 holes nearest to the rear of the bike, so you can either mount your plate kit to the other 2 holes, or overlap the 2 pieces and if need be, uses longer bolts to secure both of them (stock bolts worked fine for me). I'll try and take some pics tonight if I get out of here at a decent time and the electrician turns my power back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a million, that is exactly what I was looking for! I can't wait for the pipe to get here, I have never seen a new EVO carbon single port installed yet, looks like I might be the first..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 3D is last years race can. The the new EVO line is techicnally road legal, but has a removable plug in the end cap for some added sound

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Jonathan said:
Where the hell does the bracket for the strapless can go to on the bike...I have looked at every pic I can find, but can't make out what it mounts to...I am ordering my can in about a week, just wanted to be sure there is no cutting or anything.
Jon, BELOW is a shot of my bike from the other side of the exhaust (Blue Flame dual port). You will notice the mounting bracket. Frome what everyone already mentioned, it mount on the undertail and there is
one nut you have to bolt on the inside of the exhaust. Therefore the bracket practically invisible give it the "strapless" look.
~They give you narrative description, I give you pictorial illustration.!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
~They give you narrative description, I give you pictorial illustration.!

thats a good pic right thurrrr. shows how little there really is to the bracket (but its plenty strong and secure). I'll try and grab one from straight behind it tonight so you can see the profile of the bracket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A rear shot would be great, thanks :jump

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I have 5 03/04 R6 Blue Flame high mounts sitting here in stock ready to go. To my amazement, they are still here? No, none of them are carbon fiber. I have palin Ti, scorched Ti, and an EVO3 palin ti. All are high mounts with dual ports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hammy, thanks for the offer, you have a great deal on those pipes, shame nobody cancelled on a carbon single port!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.