Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

[skip this paragraph if you want to get to the point]
As some of you may know, I do 3D art for video games. Lately I've been slacking on doing work at home. I've been thinking for some time now, about doing a car. I just figured, why not go all the way and make the most beautiful production vehicle ever created? The 2007 Yamaha R6! Now, this is a HUGE project, if I decide to tackle it, but if I'm going to do it at all, I'll definitely need some awesome reference. Now, I can get all the photo reference that I need by taking pics of my beauty in the garage, but some blueprints would increase the accuracy 100-fold. Okay, maybe just 10-fold, whatever.

Does anyone know where I can get blueprints for the 2007 R6? I would be very grateful if someone could hook me up. I would need top/side/front views.

Thanks in advance!

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blueprints > Pictures. Pictures introduce perspective issues. I use Maya.

Maya > Max. But let's not start that argument...

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Maya is a great 3D tool as well. I was going to give the 3D Max a shot at building the R6 myself. It's a challenge for sure.

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, but those aren't very accurate as far as proportions go. And the angle is no good for my uses. I need orthographic views.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I do 3D modeling as well and I have had a lot of success using pictures which works well with cars. A dead on front view, and a positive right and left view are useful. I understand why only a blue print will work when it comes to modeling a bike I would like to see the final result when you finish please!

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to see the final result when you finish please!
Stick around for another year or so, and you might see it! Haha. It'll be slow movin'. I have never done a vehicle. I do environments at work.

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts

·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have a 1:1 model...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts