Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order a full exhaust, PCIII and after I pop them on I am going to take it in to get it dyno tuned. My question is I was looking at BMC'S Site and they have two types of filters. One with the restrictor and a race version without. Am I going to gain a lil more power if i go with the race version without the restrictor or will it even make a difference. Pros and cons please. Here is the link if it helps - http://www.bmcairfilters.com/VisModel.asp

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
the race will allow more air flow how ever it will also allow more debris to flow in so for the streets its not recommended but yes you will gain a little more power, so if all you do is street riding stick with the street filter imo

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
the race will allow more air flow how ever it will also allow more debris to flow in so for the streets its not recommended but yes you will gain a little more power, so if all you do is street riding stick with the street filter imo

I'd have to agree, I got the street filter and I love it, you can actually HEAR your bike breathe easy. Not to mention the extra growl out of the intake is uber-sexy!:hump

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds Good. I want to squeeze as much out of her as I can. Since the race version is more open if i cleaned it out say more frequently would that compensate for the lack of protection or is it running a higher risk of damage due to bigger objects going in

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
The street version comes with a baffle assy you screw on. You can actually not put that baffle piece on and have the race filter. That's the only real difference. If you decide to get the PC3, make sure you order the smog blockoffs too. Otherwise your bike will have a popping sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts