Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have fitment issues like this..(see pics) seems like the filter is too thick, and the stock hardware is too short to close the lid on the airbox now. also, seems like the body of the filter is just a little too big.

is it just like that.. or do i have a messed up one from the factory?

Attachments

·
My R6 eats you.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
My R6 eats you.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ever one on the second generations? (i think they are...07r6S?) did you have to get longer screws for the airbox?

·
My R6 eats you.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think there is a liner that needs to be removed from the air box, or the Gasket. At least thats what I had to do on my 02.
DUDE! your my hero! here i am all bummed out thinkin this dumb filter aint gonna fit then whamo, popped the liner out and in she goes. get this, me and 4 of my buddys were all standing around scrachin our heads at this and none of us saw the liner! and we were SOBER! :jacked

thanks a ton man!...i feel like an idiot. haha

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Don't feel bad the directions the filter comes with are crap. It took me a bit to see it too. The only reason I found out is that I had another air box sitting around and decided to try and fit in that. It went right in and I was like WTF ( it didn't have the gasket in it ). Then I realized that there was another plastic molded piece in there. stupid!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, I had a hard time trying to figure it out also. lol... Glad it worked for ya, I wasn't sure if there might have been anything different between the years.

·
My R6 eats you.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah luke geis, your right, the directions arnt worth a crap..generic non-specific bullcrap. but whatever.

thanks madcrossover for that helpful bit of info..i was about to send it back!

once again this forum has helped me out. thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts