Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've done one track day thus far and plan on doing a lot more in the future, BUT my body positioning sucks... a bunch of my friends have told me i take great lines on both the track and on the road but that my body position sucks and i wont get any faster until i fix it... heres the pics from my last track day at this site please help me!

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=7070715&g=03HV00N93M

ive been paying attention riding on the street and i feel like i'm sitting to far forward on the seat to get my leg out far enough to drag knee, should i be popping back on the seat to where my ass is almost hitting the passanger seat? ive tried this and it feels like the bike falls in to a turn ALOT easier when i do that, but idk if its right?

·
I eat my R6
36 Posts
Had a look at some of your pics...and some of them your positioned quite well..others you look stiff and twisted..(butt is off the seat, but your body remaining upright with the bike)...

Relax your elbows..and when taking a corner, try and get your chin to touch the bar e.g right corner, right bar..etc. (not literally of course, but this will align your body properly)

You will find your bike will remain more stable, and your body position will be constant which will result in...?

You will take the corner quicker and safer, your knee will touch the ground and you will be able to power out of that corner faster than ever because you will have more tyre in contact with the road.

Give that a go and let me know how it works out! :menace

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
kiss the mirror - or where the mirror should be.

and good lord you look giant. :)
That's all I could see and think how tall this dude must be!

Anyway, in pic 1-14 you are sitting up too straight. Pic 15 & 16 is a lot better in this aspect. Also, it doesn't look like you have your outside leg locked into the tank (or pressed against the bike, however you wanna word it.)

In 18-20, you aren't off the bike enough, or early enough actually.. Cause in pic 21 you are lookin better..

Pics 25-31 too upright again.

And don't worry about dragging that knee. It has very little to do with anything.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm actually not that tall... only 5'10" but i have a HUGE upper body i think i'm like 35 inches from the outside of one arm to the outside of the other. i'm a big dude on a little bike ;p

so i need to get lower on the bike and loosen up my arms and let the bike do the work instead of muscling it down into the turn. should my chin be getting down where its below the top of the tank or is that to far down?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
i'm actually not that tall... only 5'10" but i have a HUGE upper body i think i'm like 35 inches from the outside of one arm to the outside of the other. i'm a big dude on a little bike ;p

so i need to get lower on the bike and loosen up my arms and let the bike do the work instead of muscling it down into the turn. should my chin be getting down where its below the top of the tank or is that to far down?
Below the top of the tank would be a little dramatic. In the couple pics I mentioned you looked a lot better. If you look at many of the pics your outside leg isn't locked against the bike.. Try that, cause you get really really good control and feeling of the bike.. And you also are less likely to get tossed right off it if things get hectic in a turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts