Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thread is going to be a mini-build thread. By mini I mean I'm only going to be upgrading bolt on style modifications:

2005 Yamaha R6 Raven Edition
65XX Miles
Mint Condition - Never dropped, raced, no scratches dents.
Purchased 11/16/2010 Price $4300.00
Current upgrades: Micron Full Exhaust

Purchased Upgrades: OES (no cut) Frame Slider - $49.00
OES Clutch Slider and Spools - $15.00
Motodynamics Smoked Integrated Taillight - $60.90
Ebay Smoked Flush Turns - $19.00
CustomLed's Relay Kit - $24.57
Ebay Fender Eliminator - $25.25
ASV Levers - $213.00
GPR V4 - $350.00
ZeroG Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen $76.00
Driven Evo-Spec 520 Conversion Sprocket (BLACK) $210.00
EK ZZZ GOLD 520 Chain $Package deal w/ above
Driven Red Sprocket Nuts $24.00

Pilot PURE Front and Rear Tires $280.00

Running Total So far 1345.82
Future Upgrades:

ASV Levers (DONE! 02/16/2011)
Grips (D3?) (DONE 02/18/2011)
ZG DB Dark Smoked Wind Screen (Ordered!)
Tank Pad (DONE!)
Black Bolts (TBA)
Powdercoat Rearsets / Pegs (TBA)
Black/Red Gas Cap (Evotech????)
Woodcraft casings
rear sets (GP Shift)
Bazzaz
Quickshifter

How she sits now:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on 12/05/2010:

These parts arrived... and here is the unboxing:

(please excuse my poor out of focus picture taking)

Everything was packaged very well.... and I was happy with the quality of the parts prior to the install.
Still waiting on my flush mounts and fender eliminator to arrive....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta work tonight.... so I will probably start work on the bike tomorrow or the next day. I will take many pictures of the installs, and final outcomes.

·
keeping it on 2 wheels
221 Posts
nice bike. its kinda look familar. Good price too i paid $4500 for mine, and just found out a few days ago it had been wrecked and re-built.... they did a good job of hiding it and i did a poor job of looking it over before i bought it.... oh well. live and learn. can't wait to see some more pics of your with all the parts on.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice bike. its kinda look familar. Good pirce too i paid $450 for mine, and just found out a few days ago it had been wrecked and re-built.... they did a good job of hiding it and i did a poor job of looking it over before i bought it.... oh well. live and learn. can't wait to see some more pics of your with all the parts on.
$450.00? or $4500.00? Thanks for the compliment

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
oh it hurts that you spent 20 bucks on that flasher when an 9 buck part from from autozone does the same thing...

But you will love the taillights.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
subbed as well

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update 12/08/2010:

Got my Ebay plate bracket in the mail today. Not too sure I like the angle on it, but if need be I put it in the vice and adjust that....

Now all I'm waiting on is my Flush mounts so I can get to work on the bike!
(I'm too lazy to work on it in stages rather do everything I got at the same time)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Alright prepare youself people... this thread is about to get 56K unfriendly....

SPOILER ALERT: There will be a unexpected surprise at the end of this post!

So today is my first day off of work so I decided to get to work on the bike.....

My flushies are still not here but I figured I could get the taillight and fender eliminator going.

So here she is.... prior to tearing her apart.... Notice the disgusting turns, and rear fender garbage.

This is the garage, I keep her in along side one of my other rides (VWVortex member if anybody was wondering)

This is what I'm going to be doing today: New Motodynamics Integrated Tail along with a ebay plate bracket and CustomLed Relay

Here is the FUEL i'm going to use to make all this happen:

WILD CHERRY NUKKAS!

Well I started by removing the front seat: Just gotta remove the two allen bolts by peeling back the seat a bit

Make sure not to do what I did and have one of these washer things from the seat fall into the bike:

This is what she will look like with the hood up:

This is the stock relay we will be removing by just pulling back the clip and pulling it out:

Comparison between stock and the customled relay:

Next I used a mini screwdriver to remove the little rivets along the rear taillight.... there are six of them three on each side

Next remove the allen bolt underneath the passenger seat:

Then remove the two screw type plastic rivets underneath the main seat.

Just holdon to the edges while you unscrew them so they don't spin:

Now you can take the tail off! Just be gentle you don't want ot break the tabs on the tail. Just fiddle with it until you can get it off

Here she is naked! I considered this my halfway point and went and got another capri sun:

Notice the little rivet in the middle: That is what you need to push down to get the rivet out.... There is three of them

Next unplug the brake light, the plug is near the passenger peg

Now if you still have your stock fender, you need to go underneath the passenger seat and unbolt these 4 bolts:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That releases the rear fender, and now all you have to do is UNPLUG all the wires.

NOTHING needs to be cut just pull on the connectors and they will unplug

Next put the new taillamp in and run the wires along the side... plug the brake light in, and the blue wire to the black and the yellow to the gray.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now make sure EVERYTHING Works properly... make sure the brake works and try both directionals to make sure left is left and right is right

HOORAY! It Works!!!

Now you want to neatly organize all your wires so they sit nice in the tail.

You want them to tuck, so the tail sits flush when you put it back on. No worries there is plenty of room, just use some zip ties like this:

Now what I did was take the stock bolt bracket, and placed it underneath my ebay plate holder like so

Placed it underneath and tightened everything up lightly! You don't want to crack the plastic!

Then I put back the tail, in the reverse order!

And presto!!!

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
your an officer? I hope to be on in a few years, in Canada.

by the way bike looks great!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
your an officer? I hope to be on in a few years, in Canada.

by the way bike looks great!
Thanks! Yes I am. The bike honestly looks fantastic! BUT.... my picture taking skills are GARBARGE!!! Every pic I take is grainy. The Fitment on the Motodynamics was just like stock and the smoke looks great with the black bike.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
judging by the plates, I'm going to say Florida. Nice bike. I've got the same bike, same tail light and similar sliders. Love the blacked out look.

Not sure what you paid for the ebay plate bracket, but you can actually take that stock bolt bracket, bend the 2 free ends to a 90* and bend them outward til they match the plate and you have a free license plate bracket that works perfectly.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
judging by the plates, I'm going to say Florida. Nice bike. I've got the same bike, same tail light and similar sliders. Love the blacked out look.

Not sure what you paid for the ebay plate bracket, but you can actually take that stock bolt bracket, bend the 2 free ends to a 90* and bend them outward til they match the plate and you have a free license plate bracket that works perfectly.
20 bucks and didn't have to bend anything looks legit!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts