Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone I'm new to the r6 scene and I picked mine up about a month ago. It's a 2001 and it was missing the ground for the fuel pump relay I got that fixed and it was running fine for about 13 miles and then I went to fire it up after getting home and it wouldn't start, I found it had low fuel pressure so I got a new pump. it ran fine for about 2 miles after changing the pump and now I have to hold the throttle wide open to get it to even start or stay running and then it sits there and wont rev higher then 600 rpms.
thank you.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,522 Posts
Sounds like carbs got debris or old fuel gelled in them. Or no compression/spark related.

·
Registered
2008 Yellow Flame R6R
68 Posts
according to the guy I got it from
That’s all hear say. Sometimes people say a lot of things to sell something. Unless there are receipts or shop work to document maintenance don’t trust what ‘they’ say. When I bought mine used, heard same story. Tore the bike down and did all the maintenance from start. Inspected almost all the wiring for chaffing, fluid changes, etc. Found some issues from what I thought ‘they’ said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts