Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AFM# 817
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which bolts are used to hold the rear brake master cylinder? I seem to have misplaced mine while the master cylinder was off the bike.

A part # would also suffice so I can order them. I checked the online vendors parts diagram and it doesn't list the bolts under the rear brake master cylinder...odd.

·
Still learning
271 Posts
Does anyone know which bolts are used to hold the rear brake master cylinder? I seem to have misplaced mine while the master cylinder was off the bike.

A part # would also suffice so I can order them. I checked the online vendors parts diagram and it doesn't list the bolts under the rear brake master cylinder...odd.

I'm gonna guess m 4x1.25 maybe m6x1.25. Pretty sure it's m4x1.25 about a inch and quarter long. No need to order just head down to hardware store for metric Allen head.

·
AFM# 817
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna guess m 4x1.25 maybe m6x1.25. Pretty sure it's m4x1.25 about a inch and quarter long. No need to order just head down to hardware store for metric Allen head.
Just to clarify this is for an 2008 R6. So you're saying just any M4x1.25 metric allen head bolt will fit the master cylinder?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Hardware store rub is your best bet. I think I have a spare set of bolts in the garage. I'll have to check tomorrow morning

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Still learning
271 Posts
Just to clarify this is for an 2008 R6. So you're saying just any M4x1.25 metric allen head bolt will fit the master cylinder?
Yes m4 or m6. Probably 4 though. I got 3 bikes, there all the same. The length is all id be worried about though, even though its only gonna cost you a dollar or so to find the right bolt.

·
AFM# 817
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes m4 or m6. Probably 4 though. I got 3 bikes, there all the same. The length is all id be worried about though, even though its only gonna cost you a dollar or so to find the right bolt.
I was unable to find that bolt size at my local hardware store. I'm going to have to keep looking then :-/

I'm hoping to get the bolts by next weekend (race weekend).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts