Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just picked up for $2,900 from a friend. Clean GA title, 8k miles. Needs a front tire, and fix the horn button. down on the left side. scratches are there, but taking care of that sooner rather than later.

My first supersport was an rc51 a few years ago and it rocked. torque monster, screamed through the RPM range. It's sweet spot was around the 1500 to 10,000 RPM area. :lmao

Anyways, Since I got the bike for so cheap, I have a boat load of extra cash for the fun things. I'll be vinyl wrapping it and waking it look less scratched up today. The FIAT race bike is what I plan on replicating as best as possible. I think I can pull it off, fairings are easy to work with.

Obviously because mine is a red 07, it will be red where the blue is on the upper fairing and fender. After the wrap I'll focus on getting an exhaust, which I'm having a hard time finding a decent exhaust on the used market so I may have to use a small chunk of the extra funds to buy a new pipe. I'm sure if I look hard enough one will come my way.

Enough of my rant. I'll use this as a random idea dump for you all to comment and hate on :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you wrap it? Can't you get the fairings off ebay for pretty cheap?

Congrats on the purchase. Are you located in GA or the bike was just registered in GA?
I own a vinyl lettering and apparel shop here in Maine. Even if I decided I hated it after I did it and wanted to change it up...its only the equivalent to 5 dollars in material cost and my time is free.

Thanks for the grats, and my buddy moved up here from Georgia. After enough pestering and prodding I got his price down a little and he sold it to me. He needed to slow down anyways. kids a nut lol.

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Aloha!!!!

What are your goals for the bike? Track bike? Bike night bike? Bling bike? Pussy magnet? D bag poser bike? 1/4 mile bike?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having a girlfriend, wish I could say its a pussy magnet. She just recently got onto a ninja 250 so she will be cock blocking me every chance she gets!

Spirited Sunday ride. I live four blocks from work, the bike is parked until I have to go somewhere that I don't want to walk to basically.

Ordered my Yoshi pipe off eBay, seller brought the price down to 90 shipped. Should be here end of next week. About to drop off my front wheel for a tire. Than start the vinyl wrapping process to kill time until the wheel is done!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a thread update. most of the wrap done. open for ideas and design concepts.

just need to wrap up the tail section, cant figure out what I will be doing yet but ill figure that out in the next few days. Sunday I'll get back in the shop for more vinyl work and get the rest buttoned up.

exhaust shipped, mcct shipped yesterday. need to shop for a power commander. gotta have those yut ughh's ya know :D

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Just a thread update. most of the wrap done. open for ideas and design concepts.

just need to wrap up the tail section, cant figure out what I will be doing yet but ill figure that out in the next few days. Sunday I'll get back in the shop for more vinyl work and get the rest buttoned up.

exhaust shipped, mcct shipped yesterday. need to shop for a power commander. gotta have those yut ughh's ya know :D
yut ughh's? Subbed for partout!!!!!!:lmao

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured somebody would of said something about that lol.

After ripping on it and seeing how it looks in windows going through the city...

Sunday I plan on changing between the yoshimura logo, as well as the red bull logo instead of the fiat logo. not sure if i really dig it with the fiat logo on it but ill mess around and see what i can comeup with

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Gold?

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts

Attachments

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Why didn't you just paint your bike gold then?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why didn't you just paint your bike gold then?
Aight homie

Gold bikes are lame.gold accents are just hawt. Nuff said haha

On a serious note, ide like to find some quality rear sets, but I don't see myself having the bike for over a season, just buying things to make it somewhat unique and my own and than selling it and getting something else in a few monhes or so lol.

I'm odd like that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Aight homie

Gold bikes are lame.gold accents are just hawt. Nuff said haha

On a serious note, ide like to find some quality rear sets, but I don't see myself having the bike for over a season, just buying things to make it somewhat unique and my own and than selling it and getting something else in a few monhes or so lol.

I'm odd like that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You can find gold rearsets off ebay. They're imported from China though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.