Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So previously I talked about my mount to put my Givi trunk on my '06 R6, giving me the Aniversary Edition Touring Edition, completed with my recently added SW-Moteck gas cap mount and Bag's Connection tank bag and map pouch.

I also added some Gold Stainless brake lines up front before the trip because of the fade I had at the track. The stuff bungied to my trunk is the rear seat cowel, can't have that trunk mount on there when I get to Fontana. Left a week ago Sunday, rode to Indy, 400 miles. Monday morning found some nice 2 lanes in southern Indiana and a really nice road north of Frankfurt KY and got to Fontana about supper time.
The next morning headed out on the gap, got some good pics through the week.

Did some gap runs every day but also hit some of the other most excellent local roads. This pic is bad form, my body is across the double yellow, but I can see through the corner and I am running it from the inside to the outside. (that is my excuse damit!)

Hanging out at the overlook

Saturday was the only day it rained and it didn't rain where we road, just had to hit a little rain getting back to fontana, going slow so I was waving to Killboy

One last pic for the day, it was a great trip, did 2700 miles in 8.5 days on the R6. One of the reasons I picked the time I did was last weekend was the FZ1 rally and I know a lot of those guys and still have an FZ1. Someday I'll get the Vacation and hit the R6/R1 rally also

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Dude, that hand wave in the 2nd to last pic, kind of disappointing. Slap yourself. Thats like a noobie wave on a scooter. Come on man, get with the program!

The last pic is pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
looks like a fun trip.

·
to many toys :-)
457 Posts
So previously I talked about my mount to put my Givi trunk on my '06 R6, giving me the Aniversary Edition Touring Edition, completed with my recently added SW-Moteck gas cap mount and Bag's Connection tank bag and map pouch.

I also added some Gold Stainless brake lines up front before the trip because of the fade I had at the track. The stuff bungied to my trunk is the rear seat cowel, can't have that trunk mount on there when I get to Fontana. Left a week ago Sunday, rode to Indy, 400 miles. Monday morning found some nice 2 lanes in southern Indiana and a really nice road north of Frankfurt KY and got to Fontana about supper time.
The next morning headed out on the gap, got some good pics through the week.

Did some gap runs every day but also hit some of the other most excellent local roads. This pic is bad form, my body is across the double yellow, but I can see through the corner and I am running it from the inside to the outside. (that is my excuse damit!)

Hanging out at the overlook

Saturday was the only day it rained and it didn't rain where we road, just had to hit a little rain getting back to fontana, going slow so I was waving to Killboy

One last pic for the day, it was a great trip, did 2700 miles in 8.5 days on the R6. One of the reasons I picked the time I did was last weekend was the FZ1 rally and I know a lot of those guys and still have an FZ1. Someday I'll get the Vacation and hit the R6/R1 rally also
great pics.
how does the rear trunk mount to your bike?:popcorn:

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
does killboy...shoot photo's of everyone...or is he like rambo and hangs out in the forest waiting for a rider to shoot?

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Nice.... We (family) have a trip setup to hit the dragon and surrounding area in October. Cops still out in force on the tail? T

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the trunk check this thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49729
Law enforcement, heavy on Friday and Saturday, too many Yahoos around to ride the gap then anyway. No problems Mon-Wed, a few cops were up on Thursday. I was surprised to see some cops on 28, hadn't seen that before.

Also I didn't have the pictures to post last night but on Friday one of my buddies that was with me on his British Race Green Triumph Sprint ST was on 28 headed back to Fontana from the crossroads. In that sharp corner just past the bridge an asshole on a Harley that couldn't ride for shit crossed the centerline and hit him head on.

Nothing much left of the Triumph, but he had full gear on and walked away. The Harley guy and his wife had no gear, were barreling downhill on a super heavy bike and wasn't even trying to turn I don't think. He was headed straight for the rock wall, my buddy was braking hard and cutting to the outside of the lane but it didn't help. Harley guy and his wife left in an ambulance, the guy seemed OK, his wife wasn't. Wear your gear and watch out for people that can't ride.

It was a nice bike

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
great pics looked like alot of fun and i hope your buddy is ok! some people seriously just dont know what they are doing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts