Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I had the front wheel off a few days ago so I decided to spray some brake cleaner around the calipers and pistons. I had the brake pads removed from one side. I thought I read on one site about how a guy pressed the brake lever to bring the pistons out further to help with cleaning them with the brake cleaner. Well I messed up and one of the pistons fell out of the caliper and brake fluid started pouring out. I quickly slid the piston back in its spot. I then cleaned everything up and bolted the calipers back. Then I could not build an pressure at the lever. I'm wondering what I am in for now? No fluid comes out the caliper that had the piston fall out so I'm hoping the seal is good. Any suggestions? I'm trying to avoid removing the caliper because I have ss lines and the banjo bolts are gouped and safety wired. Thanks

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
the lines need 2 b bled now. when the pistons fell out & fluid came out, air was sucked back n the lines when u released the brake lever. no big deal, just do both sides

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.