Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
saludos desde Costa Rica!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i use my r6 for the track only and want to know what can i use to clean the brake discs, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Scotch brite pad is what Ive heard, I personally havent used one yet...

Subbed for other suggestions...

·
Stanly the Manly
935 Posts
Hi , i use my r6 for the track only and want to know what can i use to clean the brake discs, any suggestions? Thanks in advance
What are you trying to clean exactly? It isnt that difficult... A can of brake cleaner will cut through most brake gunk, then scrub it off with a brush or scuff pad and rinse it with water. If youve got crud in the holes of the disk, wet it down with brake cleaner then find a drill bit the size of the hole and push it through (by hand, NOT with a drill) to get the gunk out.

PS, what tracks are there in CR? I know some of the main roads are nice to ride through the mountains, but I never would have guessed there's a racing industry.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
green scrubbie pad and brake clean. lint free towel to finish.
Make sure you use a mask, eye protection, and gloves.

·
saludos desde Costa Rica!
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are you trying to clean exactly? It isnt that difficult... A can of brake cleaner will cut through most brake gunk, then scrub it off with a brush or scuff pad and rinse it with water. If youve got crud in the holes of the disk, wet it down with brake cleaner then find a drill bit the size of the hole and push it through (by hand, NOT with a drill) to get the gunk out.

PS, what tracks are there in CR? I know some of the main roads are nice to ride through the mountains, but I never would have guessed there's a racing industry.
The track is called autodromo la guacima, i have some videos on you tube, search atopetu17 , we only have one track but several options to run it, we have a good championship with 600 and 1000 categories, all stock, e also have guys coming from panama to race here, so it is fun!!! Thanks for the help!

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
^^ Good find...

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
^^ :lmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts