Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 05 r6, and for some reason I just can't get any pressure on the front and rear brakes. I bought it from a guy that used it as a stunt bike and was rebuilding it from a recently looped wheelie, so the bike is pretty beat up. I've gone through multiple brake lines, master cylinders, and calipers, even tried different brake fluid but for the life of me I cannot get these brakes to bleed. I pump them as you're supposed to, hold the lever down, and give the bleed valve a few good rotations, and some air will come out. But the process just repeats and i've gone through half a jug of fluid. Sometimes it will seem like its getting pressure but as soon as I crack the valve and relieve the air pressure, the pressure is gone once I get back to pumping the brakes. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Brake systems are fairly simple in design and diagnosis.
It sounds like you've already swapped the entire system, presumably with exception to the brake lever.

<<Sometimes it will seem like its getting pressure but as soon as I crack the valve and relieve the air pressure, the pressure is gone once I get back to pumping the brakes. >>
...I assume you're closing the bleed valve before releasing the lever/pedal?

IF procedural steps are correct and are using the correct fluid, parts, master cylinder was correctly assembled, then that only leaves the possibility of leaking. THe question is, where is it leaking? Are you able to find any evidence of fluid escaping? (not necessarily as easy as to see as had I had previously assumed) If there are NO external leaks, then this leaves two other possibilities. Either the master cylinder is leaking internally or air is getting in as you release the brake lever.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,454 Posts
Did you bench bleed the master looping the outlet to the reservoir? If pressurecan build zip tie the lever to hold pressure to monitor for leaks and lever drop.

Reactions: Intuit
1 - 3 of 3 Posts