Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help finding a brake lever with remote adjustment with the folding up function for a 08 r6 OEM master cylinder

Practice in the morning just seems wasted, here in AUS I cant consistently brake deep. 1 race weekend might be 35 Celsius and the next time in on the bike might be at wakfeild where its 10 Celsius... the lever moves heaps track to track and through the day... Once its set in the morning its "generally" OK for the day but practice is wasted

I cant find one

Does anyone know of any ?

And no I dont want to spend $400 on a RCS, when I am happy with the OEM

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Expensive.... considering its probably going to be destroyed in a crash

Active WORKS Brake Adjuster Perch $60.80 US

Active folding Brake Lever $180 US

Active Remote Adjuster Cable $46.40 US

Total: $287.20 US

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
while it's possible the adjuster knob gets damaged, i have had good luck in 2 crashes in 2 seasons. THe key, is to not fully tighten the bolts on the adjuster perch. This way it can rotate. My adjuster knob is scratched up, but in both crashes just rotated and i was able to move back. no issue.
Same with brake lever and clutch lever perches. Check em often, and use some blue locktite on the bolts/nut, but don't tighten ALL the way down. You should be able to hit it hard with your gloved hand and have it move..

I have heard some guys that leave the CLIP ON bolts loose so they rotate on the fork tubes.. i do NOT suggest doing this. Had a clip on push forward way back in 2005 or 2006 and it is no fuggin fun at all. better off just replacing the 10$ bar if it gets bent than risking other bigger problems.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
while it's possible the adjuster knob gets damaged, i have had good luck in 2 crashes in 2 seasons. THe key, is to not fully tighten the bolts on the adjuster perch. This way it can rotate. My adjuster knob is scratched up, but in both crashes just rotated and i was able to move back. no issue.
Same with brake lever and clutch lever perches. Check em often, and use some blue locktite on the bolts/nut, but don't tighten ALL the way down. You should be able to hit it hard with your gloved hand and have it move..

I have heard some guys that leave the CLIP ON bolts loose so they rotate on the fork tubes.. i do NOT suggest doing this. Had a clip on push forward way back in 2005 or 2006 and it is no fuggin fun at all. better off just replacing the 10$ bar if it gets bent than risking other bigger problems.

When the clipon rotates it smashes a MEAN dent into the frame also. Seen that a couple times on the r6!

:YEA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts