Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need to replace my rear brake pads, and figured I will just replace all the pads and lines in one shot...get it done and over.

What brand and type of pad is recommended? Been thinking about Galfer, can get them at CycleGear.

I noticed different brands, different compositions....I just don't know anything about the shit! haha

For those that do know what to get, next question is WHERE?

TIA!!!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
galfer is a great brand for braided lines got some on the front of mine. but i will say dont put one on for your back line, it already locks up easy enough with out it, dont need to make it easier to lock up :cheers

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have Galfer SS lines, front and back, on my bike. And I am using Performance Friction 97 compound pads on the front.

I MAY try a different pad once these are gone. But more for the reason that PF doesn't pay contingency, and I need all the money I can get. So I will probably try EBC's, since they have the most generous contingency in my org.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i have the glafer steel braided brake lines with ebc pads dont get the glafer pads they suck run down pretty quick ebc are really good for me in my opinion

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have Galfer SS lines on my bike and like them alot. In the world of brake lines most SS brake lines are really good and for the most part equal. Goodridge, Fastline, Galfer, speigler are all very good lines.

I have a new set of Fastline SS front Brake lines for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a PM or email.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i have galfer lines front and rear and galfer green pads in the front i like em better than stock but make sure you break em in

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I upgraded my lines and pads over the weekend. Took plenty of picks and will try to get a write up on it.

Went with Galfer steel lines front and rear and EBC pads front and rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts