Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for pads in the 99 R6. I heard that EBC double H are the way to go or that other company Fedro, but which ones? This is my first bike and have no streetbike experience with pads and such. Fill me in on which brands are good for the money. Also I do not want to have to worry about sweaky brakes. Im using stock rotors also. Possibly in the future I plan on geting ss lines. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think most will agree with me that you'll see a MUCH larger improvment with the SS lines..., and while you do those, why not change the pads.

I didn't research the brake market much..., went with Galfer SS lines/HH pads..., brakes like a champ, I think it's the best thing I've done with any bike thus far.

Seriously, consider getting the lines first.

Oh..., and I think to do my front setup only (at this point), I burned about $120, I think....

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
r6dirtydave said:
I think most will agree with me that you'll see a MUCH larger improvment with the SS lines..., and while you do those, why not change the pads.

I didn't research the brake market much..., went with Galfer SS lines/HH pads..., brakes like a champ, I think it's the best thing I've done with any bike thus far.

Seriously, consider getting the lines first.

Oh..., and I think to do my front setup only (at this point), I burned about $120, I think....
Same here I went with Galfer S/S lines and their black pads. It is awesome, you think about slowing down and you do. :hammer

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, so the galfer ss lines are the way to go, but which galfer pads? Dirtydave which brand HH pads did you get? Also can anyone tell me the difference in the different styles of pads? Anyone know the cheapest place to get all this stuff?

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
The HH pads are track pads if I remember correctly, which aren't great for the street, they are designed to be used at a higher temp and will likely spit out more brake dust.

I use the Galfer blacks and they are great.

PM CreePer and he will give you the phat hook-up, just remember to tell him I sent you. :hammer

·
My R6 is an R1...
15 Posts
I use cp911stars from Ferodo. They are race compounds and even with my 6 pot brakes I have to drag them a little to get them to optimal temp range... I was very happy with the oem Yami pads before but I have far better feel, albeit less initial bite-

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
the ebc hh pads are what my friends use and recomends. so i got a set. i know its advertised as a race pads. i never did see my friends complain or take a spill because of the brake pads.

·
Registered
406 Posts
raydogg920 said:
Thanks for the reply, so the galfer ss lines are the way to go, but which galfer pads? Dirtydave which brand HH pads did you get? Also can anyone tell me the difference in the different styles of pads? Anyone know the cheapest place to get all this stuff?
Raydogg..., I got the Galfer HH pads..., got everything from indysuperbikes.com..., gave me a good deal (I thought) for the combo purchase. They have a good internet store, too, carry a lot in stock. I was shocked when I walked in the back and saw about 20 Vortex rear sets, 20 Gilles rears, race fairings everywhere, etc....

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I run Galfer SS lines, and EBC HH pads.

Seems to get the job done quite nicely :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts