Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. so i thought the rear brakes needed to be bled. i did this, and now it doesent work at all. someone please help.

whats going on. Before it was super weak, now nothing at all.

any ideas? how do you bleed the breaks?

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
You probably need to bled the rear brake again. There is probably air in the line somewhere. I suggest you get a brake vacuum.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
You probably need to bled the rear brake again. There is probably air in the line somewhere. I suggest you get a brake vacuum.
Definetly.

All you have to do is get some fish tank air pump tubing. Squeeze it on to the the bleeder valve. Put the other end of the tube into an empty water bottle. open the valve and let it gravity bleed for a while, puring in brake fluid as needed into the resivior. Make sure you do not let the resivior run low. Pour in fluid at about half way.

The fastest way to do it is the pump, pump, pump, hold tight and open the valve. Then close the valve BEFORE releasing the lever. Once the valve is closed, repeat. Pump it three times or until pressure builds. Hold in the lever(or hold down the lever for the rear brake) very hard, then open the vavle(note: the pressure will release pretty fast. This is normal. DO NOT let the lever out until the valve is closedagain). Close the valve BEFORE releasing the lever. Repeat a few times util all air is out and brakes feel hard. Remember to NEVER let the resivior run too low. This will alow air into the lines.

I can post pics, but not until this Sunday after my track day.

Good luck.

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i bought a one man break bleeder thing from the store and alls well..

i did it the old fashioned not good idea way.. i used a hose and made sure it was long, used my mouth to pump out the old fluid and bubbles :nocontrol

i was too cheap and too lazy to get a real pump... none got in my mouth. the hose was long enough. lmao

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
ok so i bought a one man break bleeder thing from the store and alls well..

i did it the old fashioned not good idea way.. i used a hose and made sure it was long, used my mouth to pump out the old fluid and bubbles :nocontrol

i was too cheap and too lazy to get a real pump... none got in my mouth. the hose was long enough. lmao
Who ever told you to use your mouth is a moron. The break bleeders are okay. I prefer my method. Quicker and easier (and cheaper). Glad all is well.

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:eek5Did I miss something here?:eek:

lmao. Nah it was a ghetto remedy. some dude at the ghetto auto zone told me.. all i really did was use like a 2 foot long clear fish tank tube and made the initial "pump" it flowed naturally after that..

sounds bad though right! lmao

It breaks great now! im so happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts