Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade the stock brakes on my r6 before I hit up the track this season on the new r6. What do you guys think would be more beneficial ....ss lines on stock pads or sbk5 pads on stock lines?

·
slow guy
4,400 Posts
Fren Tubo's and XRAC's

I have the type 4's, see what Agg can do for the type 1 or 2's and some pads. he always seems to be able to get a good price on this stuff.

·
slow guy
4,400 Posts
Type 1's are $117 and the Ferodod ST's are $57, then get some RBF600 all you need is a small bottle to flush and fill the lines.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,400 Posts
OEM all the way

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
OEM all the way
:bowroll not this^^^^

I am running mid expert level on type 4s and rbf600. Stock pads. No fade decent feel. Lines>pads for sure.

·
slow guy
4,400 Posts
:bowroll not this^^^^

I am running mid expert level on type 4s and rbf600. Stock pads. No fade decent feel. Lines>pads for sure.
I wasn't sure how the stock pads would be on the track.

To the OP there you go get some upgraded lines and fluid......also what are you looking to spend?

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I want to upgrade the stock brakes on my r6 before I hit up the track this season on the new r6. What do you guys think would be more beneficial ....ss lines on stock pads or sbk5 pads on stock lines?
it can be done with vesrah rjl (not the super rjl) pads only. i know from personal experience. this also depends on your skill level at the track, tho. at some point, your rubber brake lines will become an issue. they should be upgraded soon after. i would upgrade in that order.

also, don't waste any $$ on rear brakes. stock is fine. unless you're off track a lot, you won't use them much...

s3aturnr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts