Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently found your site, and wow... I was very relieved to find a dedicated R6 site full of happy R6 riders. I am 18 and going to buy my first bike -the R6. Now, I was just wandering if you guys know the price of what a dealer pays for the R6. I am wandering this b/c a pretty large, reputable dealer near me is offering me a multiple vehicle discount for me and my two friends if we all buy them there. Now just one frined of mine, and I are going to be buying R6's, but I want to know the base price (without mark-up) that the dealer gets them for. Any suggestions on how to go about getting an '03 at a dealer and what to look for and ask for; hints and tips would be great! Thanks!

-SolaceRye

·
Registered
831 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I am not sure what the dealer cost is for a 03 R6. I heard the dealers do not make that much on the sportbikes. They make it up on the set up and accessories for the bikes.

The MSRP is $7999 for the non flame verison. The flames are not a special edition, but merley a $100 option. The flamed ones are not numbered or limited. So don't get rapped there :!: Since it is so late in the season already it might be worth while to wait until this fall/winter to get the bike and save lots of money, or get some free gear.

-DJ1298

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
they might drop prices but it all depends on demand. if demand stays like it is around here, then they probably won't unless they are stuck with a bunch in inventory. Like mine, I couldn't haggle with it because it was the only one around. I called 4 shops in CT and 2 in LI and all were out except on dealer in CT. If you can find one with alot in their inventory and want to try and wait it out, then you might be able to grab one at a better price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts