Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought an 07 R6 this week. It was 879 miles on it. How many more miles to go until it is considered "broken in?" Also is there an RPM that I shouldn't go above? I bought it at an auction so I have no idea if the oil has been changed or not. When i checked the level it was good and looked clean. What would all of you suggest I do?

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
It's already broken it. I'd change the oil and filter, clean and lube chain plus check the slack. Make sure all the critical bolts are tight.

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
600 miles it is considered broken in. However the manual says to keep it under 10,000 RPMs until 1000 miles. Might be 8,000 don't feel like going downstairs and double checking. :toocool:

·
Registered
932 Posts
It should already be broken in but just to be safe I'd do an oil and filter change.

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
The rings actually seat themselves in the first 100 miles or so. Good quick burst through the RPM range is a generally recognized way to create a tight seal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright cool thanks! Hey does anyone know if the Fram PH6017A oil filter will work on an 07 R6? Thats the oil filter I had for my 2000 that I just sold and was wondering if it was the same or not...

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Alright cool thanks! Hey does anyone know if the Fram PH6017A oil filter will work on an 07 R6? Thats the oil filter I had for my 2000 that I just sold and was wondering if it was the same or not...
That's the one I put on my '08 when I changed the oil. Yours should be the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts