Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought new 2009 r6 and i am breaking it in ,but because of something that has come up i will not be able to ride anymore.I have put on about 300 break in miles on it.Is it going to hurt it to store it for the winter now and finish the break in in the summer.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
No.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
It wont hurt anything, with a brand new bike it has all new fluids. As long as it is stored in moderate temperature out of the weather you can break it in the beginning of next year. Then flush all the fluids and refill them! You'll be good to go for next season!

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
If you're not going to be riding it or even starting it or rolling it around, it's a good idea to get some stands to take the wheels off the ground and throw some sea foam in the tank just to be cautious

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
Let me break the bike in for you

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I just bought new 2009 r6 and i am breaking it in ,but because of something that has come up i will not be able to ride anymore.I have put on about 300 break in miles on it.Is it going to hurt it to store it for the winter now and finish the break in in the summer.
I'll tell you what it's going to hurt.. My heart bro. It hurts my heart to know you have a brand new bike and are not riding it right this second.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I'll tell you what it's going to hurt.. My heart bro. It hurts my heart to know you have a brand new bike and are not riding it right this second.
+1

:lmao

but none the less, it wouldnt hurt to change the oil before you put it up for winter storage, plus what the other poster said about stands and sea foam...

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
I thought you put Stabil in the gas tank? :dunce:

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Put a bottle of this in the tank and it will run great next season :sing

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Stabil is ideal. I have only read about using seafoam as a cleanser like an injector cleaner to get gum out of carbs, etc..

If you let the bike sit all winter, you're gonna get condensation in your oil. You're technically better off changing it at the beginning of next season.
:stupic
I can't go more than a week without hearing my bike so I usually start it up once a week and let her pur in the garage. Then come new summer drain all fluids and top of with new stuff :toocool:

·
vroom on a yamaha
550 Posts
just turn it on everyday to listen to her purr :D. Don't forget to put the battery on a tender. Somehow i doubt you would now how to push start a bike if the battery died.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Out of curiosity, if its not personal, why cant you ride any more this year?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts