Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2005 R6 about 3 weeks ago. I only have 55 miles on it so far. I got a new pipe for it, but I heard that I should wait until the first 500 miles to install the pipe. Please let me know what you guys think.....Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was told that it doesn't matter, I don't see why it would. I slapped my Micron on after 200 miles. I had planned to wait but I just couldn't stand the looks and the quietness of the stock. I see bikes at the dealership with aftermarket pipes with -0- miles. The only thing nice about the stock pipe is you can hear any problems much easier.

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I got my bike, the dealer told me 500 miles before I should put a pipe on it. But I couldn't wait that long so I put one on about 450 miles early.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Mine went on at 300 miles, not that I was worried I didn't have the money until then. The only con is that if something is wrong with the bike you wont be able to hear it as easy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Putting a pipe on a bike, whether slip-on or full, will lean your bike out a little bit. . . could possibly be bad during break in???
:?:

·
Registered
728 Posts
My friend bought a brand new kawi ninja 636, and got a micron pipe thrown on to it before it left the dealership. He's had the bike for a year now, so I'm pretty sure there is no break in period for a s/o exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts