Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
First off I want to say thank you for reading this thread and any input you can give is much appreciated. Basically I am still breaking in my engine. At 300 miles I started hearing a ticking noise(sort of a fan noise) from my 07 R6. I called the dealer that I go it from and they said that it was normal for R6 and GSX to make that sound when you break it in. I called another dealership and he said that R6s don't make that sound and I should bring it in. Is there any truth to any of what these guys said? Should I bring it into my dealer and have them listen to it? Thank you for your time and hope you can help. - S.T

·
Registered
12 Posts
I always ride my 07 R6 with my helmet on and honestly it eliminates 90% of noises created by the engine. I tried it one day just arround the corner without my helmet and deamn dude, i honestly as well was freakin out about all the different types of noises the engine and bike it self was making. Looked into it and as well told that its normal. Who knows, runs like a charm. So far i have 1200 miles on it.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
the r6 has what is called the yama-tick. its normal and will get a little quieter on your first oil change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thank you guys for the past response. I took it into two different dealerships. They said it was normal for 2000's r6s. Once again thank you. - S.T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts