Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Guys. I just bought a front brembo master cylinder on eBay from someone model 4759. I need help finding what I need to make my brake like work on my 2008 R6. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks also have Galfer SS lines

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· "The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
glafer lines.. but twin lines from the master, or a single that splits into 2 lines ? you may be able to use the STOCK banjo bolt and crush washers you had before.. but if the bolt is slightly too long, add an extra crush washer NEXT TO THE MASTER CYL. if you put the extra crush washer on first, at the head of the bolt, you will have the fluid holes not line up, and you WILL WARP your rotors. Been there/done that. The lever pressure will force fluid through the partially cut off hole in the brake line fitting, but the fluid won't return to the master cyl fast enough on it's own, creating more and more pressure at the calipers, generating way too much heat, and the rotors can warp. This is assuming you don't crash the bike first before wondering what the heck is going on..

· Stunt Rider
7,949 Posts
I believe Brembo has different thread pitch for the banjo bolts.

· "The Dude abides .. "
4,695 Posts
I believe Brembo has different thread pitch for the banjo bolts.
nope.. not if you have a 3rd gen r6. It's a brembo cast piece and the stock bb will work. not sure on 2nd gen. and i used the stock bolt before :)

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glafer lines.. but twin lines from the master, or a single that splits into 2 lines ? you may be able to use the STOCK banjo bolt and crush washers you had before.. but if the bolt is slightly too long, add an extra crush washer NEXT TO THE MASTER CYL. if you put the extra crush washer on first, at the head of the bolt, you will have the fluid holes not line up, and you WILL WARP your rotors. Been there/done that. The lever pressure will force fluid through the partially cut off hole in the brake line fitting, but the fluid won't return to the master cyl fast enough on it's own, creating more and more pressure at the calipers, generating way too much heat, and the rotors can warp. This is assuming you don't crash the bike first before wondering what the heck is going on..
So I went ahead and order that bolt n 3 washers hopefully that works
http://www.oppracing.com/product_di...with-pressure-switch-fits-aftermarket-brembo/

Has anyone order from them.. I Lil different then usual on check out from that site.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.