Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so how are they? I was thinking of trying them out.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Re: Bridgestone Battlax BT002's - Anyone run them?

I haven't yet, but I'm planning on using them for my next trackday.

·
Ride for you, not others.
229 Posts

I had the 002 when I first bought my track bike and the tires were way better than I thought they would be. I now have Dunlop D209 GPs. Comparing the two, the Dunlops are much better but for the price, I would do the 002 if you really need to save the $25. The 002's are great but for me they didn't heat-up as fast and for what ever reason I felt more confident on the Dunlops.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts

Are you talking about the BT002 RS or the Bt002 Pro's?

Heads up you will probably be able to purchase the bt003 they just became available locally and they will be running closeouts on the bt002 race model shortly.

I believe parts unlimited is closing the bt002 pro's out for $211 for the set.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

There is no way the BT002 pros are $211 for a set. I run those on the track and those are some sick tires!

In regards to the BT-002 RS, they are also awesome street/track tires. I can get them for $239 shipped in case anyone is interested.

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts

make sure you get 002 PRO's

i just got a vendor selling em 300 shipped for the PRO's, pm me for questions.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts

how do i get a hold of bt002 pros for that cheap????
very intrested..

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts

There is no way the BT002 pros are $211 for a set. I run those on the track and those are some sick tires!

In regards to the BT-002 RS, they are also awesome street/track tires. I can get them for $239 shipped in case anyone is interested.
They were closeout and they were the pro's it was in the parts unlimited close out catalog which means the tires probably aren't the freshest or they are cleaning out getting ready for the BT003 that everyone around here can get already.

Our local vendor sells the pros twice a year for $269 a set so closeout for $211 is definitely reasonable. We will see what happens in october with the prices when they blowout BT002 pros.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts

The BT 002 RS is essentailly a race carcass design, but it tends to flex easier than a race carcass. Thus heating up quicker for street use, and track use w/o warmers. The rubber is also much more street friendly than the 002 Pro, but better suited for track duties than the BT014. It tends to blur the lines between a race tire and a street tire, kind of the best of both worlds.

Why buy the ''Pro'' tires? The 002 Pro is a full on race tire, available in a full assortment of sizes and compounds. The 002 racing/street is based on the ''Pro'' and for many street riders offers a good mix of performance with the ease of not needing warmers. Also you can still ride them on the street and get some good use out of them.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

$239 shipped. Sweet, That beats the price I got by about $30. PM me with info, I need asap. Thanks Disco.

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
I have used the bt 002, but i didnt last very long 1000 miles tops, if it was my money, id go for the super corsa's, or metzler racetec's.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Were you on the RS's or the Pro's?

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
Were you on the RS's or the Pro's?
Im not sure which version they were, it a was a special offer that was on.
On the plus side the grip was very good, but after 2 trackdays and a few road miles they were shot.

Before reading this tread i didnt know there were diffrent versions of the tyre.

Im intrested why are you looking at them, is it for track use? or maybe fast road use?

If it was my choice id go for michelin pilot power 2ct, or the corsa iii for road use.
For mainly track and light road use, super corsa's (sc2) or metzler racetec (k2) which i think are unspiltable on performance and mileage, i just get whichever is on offer. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
battlax tires are great. the only problem i have with them is that they take a long time to warm up, but i guess that with some tire warmers that should go away.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mainly fast road use. The roads by my house are nice an twisty. I may also being doing a track day this summer. I don't ride alot of miles a year but when I ride, i ride the edges hard. I have heard good things about them. But, if I'm only going to get 1k mile on them it won't be worth it. I have heard the soft outside compound has superb grip.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^

in addition to that

i went down because i guess i pushed it to hard when cold.
Did you run the pro's or the RS's? I hear the RS woarm up much faster.

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
Mainly fast road use. The roads by my house are nice an twisty. I may also being doing a track day this summer. I don't ride alot of miles a year but when I ride, i ride the edges hard. I have heard good things about them. But, if I'm only going to get 1k mile on them it won't be worth it. I have heard the soft outside compound has superb grip.
For that type of use, there are better tyres out there, unless they are very cheap, one of the supersport road tyres would suit you better, because even doing a trackday wont bother them, plus the mileage will be far better.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some one further up this thread said about 239 for the pair shipped. What do you think?

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Some one further up this thread said about 239 for the pair shipped. What do you think?
That is a pretty good price on the BT002 RS.

As far as miles when I did have the BT002 RS on the bike I was able to get two full trackdays and 2200 street miles on them. Also if you are planning on trackdays you might want to plan putting on the rubber just before you do the trackday for best results. These tires feel like the race tires the way the tip in and how they feel good when cranked over and are more confidence inspiring than the 2ct's or the Dunlop Qualifiers.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts