Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first impression: Wow these are sticky!

I went on a 180 mile trip through the twisties, and these suckers stuck like glue. Compared to Pilot Powers, they don't fall into corners, but you don't have to muscle them in either. They are smooth and predicable turning in, which is actually more comfortable than the instant fall in feeling of the PPs. In retrospect, the PPs feel kind of like an all-or-nothing turning tire compared to the BTs. Also I know people don't shop around for a great slow speed turning tire, but these also felt more confident in those really sharp 10 mph switchbacks.

If I can get some decent mileage out of these, I don't think I'll be going back to PPs, which gave me about 6,500 miles including a track day. I'll be running the BTs at the track Aug 11th, so we'll see how they fare. Seem like a great tire, but again this is just my first impression.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
thanks for the info. im curious to try another brand of tires, but i just feel soo confident on the pilot powers ( 2ct and race) that im reluctant to switch. although right now i have a borrowed dunlop on the rear till i save some more cash for the PP. damn baby..LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.