Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have an 07 yzf-r6. I am pretty sure it has bad gas in it and I removed the tank to drain it, but knocked my bike over and broke this piece off. I'm new to bikes and don't know what to do!
What is it called?
Do I have to replace the whole tank?
Can I use a plastic epoxy to fix it?
Any info is helpful. Please and thank you.

Attachments

·
Touchdown!
1,358 Posts
Part of the fuel pump/filter. Time to go shopping for a new one. I wouldn't want to do any type of patch job on plastic fuel components. It's possible, sure, but why put your life in jeopardy? You could use hoses and clamps to patch it up (...IJS...), BUT THAT'S NOT MY RECOMMENDATION AT ALL.

Go hunting for a good condition used one using the normal channels, or buy a new one.

#lessonlearned

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,404 Posts
That's the high pressure feed, you can't repair it. Nothing you could possibly buy would hold. You need a new fuel pump, or the housing off a dead one if you can find one on ebay. Also wtf was your bike parked in tank deep mud?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I was afraid that's my only option, but I was hoping for better news, oh well.. also, idk if the previous owners left the tank off and in grime or what. I've since cleaned it up and it looks better, but yeah, I guess they went off-roading with it lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts