Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My R6 eats chickenstrips
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I have an '01 R6 that the previous owner banged into his mailbox, so I am left with a gaping hole in the starboard headlight lens. Everything else is fine except the bloody lens.

I don't really want to shell out $150-175 for a whole new assembly, I just want to replace the lens. I have a piece of plastic taped over the headlight now so the bulb won't get broken.

Anyone have a junk headlight from a 99-02 r6 I could buy cheap and anyone have suggestions on how to remove the old lens without tearing up the housing???

Thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm in a similar predicament except mine is an 05. the PO laid it down around a corner and broke the headlight lense on one side. I don't want to replace the whole headlight because this one was wired by highbimmin's mod (dual low beams, dual high beams just like a car) which i really enjoy having

anybody know how to replace the glass part if possible?

·
YZF-R you kidding?
365 Posts
Look for a tutorial on installing the Angel Eye lights. There is a section that involves removing the clear lexan parts by putting them in the oven for a few minutes. Aparently once the heat sensitive seal is warmed up they pop right off. Hope that helps some.

·
My R6 eats chickenstrips
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I have an oven. Now who has a broken headlight from a 99-02 r6 that they can part with that has a good starboard side??

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm also need the lens of the left side for my r6s 2008. The hole kit costs around US$ 600
why they don't make in sides or just the lens for sale!!!! If anyone is selling, i'm buying. Thanx

·
Registered
24 Posts
yes, i am in the same situation as torres. needing the left side lens for my r6s 2008. i think its ****ed up that they don't sell just the lens

·
My R6 eats chickenstrips
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I bought a new headlight assembly and I have the old one available to anyone looking to replace their LEFT side headlight lens. Send me a message if you're interested and we'll negotiate.

·
2003 limited edition
24 Posts
pm sent... small world btw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts