Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I laid my bike down and broke two bolts on side of the motor. I used a reverse tap drill to get one out which widened the hole and the other one is just completely broke. Now it has an oil leak. Any suggestions?!? Thanks Please look at the below pictures.

Attachments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I am kind of a noob when it comes to motor parts of the bike. I was thinking I either have to buy a whole new motor or get it welded. I can just buy another "cases"? Ill rather buy that if its not all that expensive.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
OK I am kind of a noob when it comes to motor parts of the bike. I was thinking I either have to buy a whole new motor or get it welded. I can just buy another "cases"? Ill rather buy that if its not all that expensive.
I would take it to a qualified tig welder/machinist or two for an opinion before you make a decision. If they can build it up and then drill/tap it for a reasonable fee, that will be a cheaper, easier route than disassembling the whole motor to swap cases.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Might as well RTV it.
A good welder might be able to puddle the area so you can retap. But not with oil in the motor or in the frame.

New cases require the complete disassembly of the engine so you might as well look for another engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts