Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My R6 tumbles muffins
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an r6 from a dealership last April and my telus decided to stop working in December so I take it to the dealership and they tell me they're going to have to replace all the wiring which is around $1000:32. I say no and I take it to a few more mechanics. I live in Lubbock Texas it is not a hotspot for sport bikes so there aren't very many mechanics. I'm looking for an alternative for tail light such as LED's or anything else any ideas?

·
My R6 tumbles muffins
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced my tail lights. The. My tail lights still weren't working. I took it to a mechanic and he said he didn't know. He told me I would have to replace all the wiring. I'm not looking to do that so I am looking for an alternative tail light. Such as LED's that I could put somewhere. Such as the passengers pegs. Where could I get those? I've seen them before I just can't find them anymore.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
If you don't have any idea how to troubleshoot non-working tail lights, You are going to have a hard time installing any kind of other tail lights, and chances are that they still might not work.

You need to post more details:
What year/model?
Is the tail light stock or aftermarket?
Did everything stop working all together or was it just the brake or running light?
You replaced the tail lights? With what? A model/year will help with this because the older bikes have bulbs and the newer ones have non-replaceable leds.

Learn how to remove the tail from your bike and take some pictures. Tail light wiring isn't rocket science.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Just take it to a more expensive mechanic. They should be able to help you out.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
Solve the issue of the tail light before diving into fancy signal upgrades.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like your trying to re invent the wheel. Your bike came from the factory with a perfectly good location for tailights, just because the tailight sockets don't seem to be recieving power doesnt mean replacing them altogether is going to help anything. You need to figure out why they arent working. And saying a mechanic told you the wiring is bad doesn't mean anything either he quoted you a worse case scenario price. Anyone with half a brain could pinpoint the problem in 15 minutes. Worse case scenrio you spend 15 dollars on some wires and rerun the wires or replace a relay or switch this is not an expensive fix. Don't over complicate things by thinking of electrical as some confusing thing. At a basic level think of it as plumbing in your home. open a valve water flow, pipe running from a to b breaks and water coming from a doesn't get to b. The only thing confusing is the "water" in this case is invisible but that is what a multimeter is for. Spend 15 dollars at walmart for a cheap multimeter and you should be good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts