Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Year: 2008

Model: Liquid Silver R6

Accessories: Carbon Dynamics Front Fender| CD gas tank cover | CD rear hugger | Cox radiator guard | Fast Frank Racing rear axle guide | Graves case covers | Graves fender eliminator | Graves flushmounts | Graves swingarm spools | GYTR axle adjusters | GYTR carbon fiber tank pad | GYTR seat cowl | Pro Bolt front Ti axle bolt | PB rear Ti axle nut | Stahlbus oil drain valve | UK Russ passenger peg covers | Vortex V3 gas cap | Zero Gravity windscreen

Brakes: Braking SK2 front brake rotors | Braking STX rear brake rotor | Braking CM55 front brake pads | Braking SM1 rear brake pads | Brembo RSC19 | Fren Tubo brake lines | Stahlbus speed bleeders

Controls: Brembo clutch lever | Graves clip-ons | Graves fixed rearsets (GP) | Graves diamond frame sliders | Renthal grips

Engine Performance Mods: Bauce Racing re-flash | BMC air filter | Driven 520 | Dynojet autotuner | Dynojet PCV | Graves exup servo eliminator | Graves throttle tube | Graves radiator cap | Graves smog block off plates | Graves Ti exhaust | Samco radiator hoses (Black) | Shorai Battery | SpeedoDRD

Fluids: Engine Ice | Motul

Stands: Bursig paddock | Graves front & rear

Tires and Wheels: Bridgestone S21 | OZ Gass wheels (Gold)

My story...
Hello all, the name is Bryan! I'm going to showcase my 2008 Liquid Silver Yamaha YZF-R6 to you all! I was always a (Toyota) car guy, but for whatever reason I fell in love with streetbikes back in early 2008! I finally went on July 29 of that year to Barney's of Brandon (FL) to buy a bike! I really wanted a Raven R6, but they didn't have any, but had a Liquid Silver on the showroom floor with 0 miles on her! Love at first sight! Wish I'd taken a picture of her in the showroom...

Don't I look so happy...

I didn't have a license at the time, so they delivered it to me...(8|1|08)

*First mods, Graves frame sliders & flushmounts and Umnitza 6000k HIDs (8|18|08)

*Graves fender eliminator w/o turn signal and CA smoked tail light (9|6|08)

*Graves fixed rearsets (9|22|08)

*Graves Ti exhaust, PCV and more (6|4|09)

Teaser...http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90097&highlight=
Install...http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90672&highlight=

*Year One (7|29|09)

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94956&highlight=

*Happy 25th birthday to me (7|6|10)

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118543&highlight=

*Year Two (7|29|10)

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122476&highlight=

Then I fell out of love with my R6 for whatever reason in late 2010 and all 2011, I don't really know why! Most likely because I had a girlfriend during that time! But, at the end of the day my R6 seems like the only loyal girl I've in my life! (non family)

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The love of me and my R6 is back! :love

One of the first things I did was chanced the spark plugs and oil (4|19|12)

Shermoto "Shorty" levers (5|7|12)

I was always reading great things about these levers from some little asian in Houston, TX...Shermoto? So, I wanted to join in on the fun and ordered a set with silver adjusters

The R6 currently...

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little Asian? :enforcer
:enforcer? You mean, :swordfigh :mrgreen:

I know, I need to do a review on your levers, but I'm waiting on that bushing that is missing from my oem clutch lever! :popcorn:

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,407 Posts
Looks nice man!!!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yea, gotta love some Graves...

Graves WORKS radiator cap...

WTF??? I thought Graves had their own radiator guard? :banned: :eek:oh

Skip, check your email! It's sucks because I had already ordered a Cox guard from Amazon.com and had already got it, but then I found out/though that Graves had a radiator guard! So, I wasted $8 returning the Cox guard I got from Amazon.com! Also, there was no small foam pieces with my order! :curse

Now, I'm just waiting on my Samco radiator hoses in black! :popcorn: One thing though, how is black a custom color? You would think blue and red, where? :werd Wanted to order from Riders Discount, but they don't sell the hoses in black! So, I went with...RaceBikeBitzUSA

·
Premium Member
6,434 Posts
Bryan, the bike looks great as always man!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Just ordered a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 battery for the R6! The OEM battery is toast! Can't hold a charge for more than 2 days! I keep it on my Battery Tender Jr charger when it sits!

So, I've the following to install/do in the coming weeks...

Samco radiator hoses (Black) (On order...)
Coolant flush (Engine Ice)
Cox radiator guard
Graves WORKS radiator cap
Shorai A2 battery (On order...)
Remove wheels and get them balanced
Clean and adjust chain

Next mod...Dynojet Autotune! :flex:

What's so special about the radiator cap?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
This radiator cap is designed to keep your engine from overheating by maintaining a higher pressure inside the cooling system thus increasing the boiling point of your coolant.

·
Parts Pimp
26,370 Posts
Just ordered a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12 battery for the R6! The OEM battery is toast! Can't hold a charge for more than 2 days! I keep it on my Battery Tender Jr charger when it sits!

So, I've the following to install/do in the coming weeks...

Samcro radiator hoses (Black) (On order...)

Coolant flush (Engine Ice)
Cox radiator guard
Graves WORKS radiator cap
Shorai A2 battery (On order...)
Remove wheels and get them balanced
Clean and adjust chain

Next mod...Dynojet Autotune! :flex:

This radiator cap is designed to keep your engine from overheating by maintaining a higher pressure inside the cooling system thus increasing the boiling point of your coolant.
I didn't know the Sons of Anarchy had their own radiator hose line now.. :poke

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.