Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some carbon fiber wheels over the winter, likely BST's. I've searched through about 100 posts with BST in the title but haven't found a lot of information. If you have any experience with carbon fiber wheels, could you post any or all of the following?

*Who you bought from?
*Overall ordering experience? Good/Bad?
*Style you went with
*Pictures!!???
*Before/After performance on the track.. Did you need to change your suspension setup/clickers?

Thanks!

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
If you are into the track, I'd spend that $3300 towards track time. That is a lot of trackdays, racing, or one or two top level track schools.

If I were to buy a set, I'd buy from the US distributor, which I believe is Brocks Performance.
Ordering experience? You mean you enter the creditcard/payapal info on a website and they send you a confirmation email. What else is there?
Style? I'm pretty sure there is only one kind of BST wheel for the R6 or R1. Unless you want to magnesium hubs or ceramic bearings.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Brock's is the way to go. And if you get them, spring for the ceramic bearing upgrade.

·
At least it looks fast.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brock's is the way to go. And if you get them, spring for the ceramic bearing upgrade.
Yeah I've seen a lot of mentions of Brock's.. I've Never ordered anything through them. I've seen Hard Racing post a lot of BST deals in the past but not so much anymore. Thanks for the tip on the Ceramic bearings.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Ive bought a few things from Brocks and never had an issue. They seem to know their stuff, but they focus more on drag racing. The ceramic wheel bearing are definitely worth it though, IMO. I have them in my CZ wheels and they roll SOOOO much smoother than the stock ones.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Yeah, I have been going back and forth over putting the ceramic bearings in my spare set of wheels... Shit ain't cheap.

The main reasons I see for buying through the distributor are:
Most likely they will have them in stock.
If they don't, then other sellers probably don't either, and they'll be coming through the distributor anyways.
If you have any issues, they are likely to be the ones you'll deal with anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts