Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm runnning BT003 right now and the tread is kinda low and my first track day is this weekedn its a two day. I may run out of tread but im kinda broke so was gonna buy some new bt-016 for $212 and take them with me. Do you think this may cause a crash cuz i have never used the bt016 or will this fine to take just in case???

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
No, but you can get the 003's for 40 bucks more than that.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
since this will be your first track day, i think the BT016 should work fine for you. since you'll be spending most of your time learning the line and won't be carrying a lot of speed initially.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Either would be fine but they are different. I had BT016s and switched to the BT003 R/S and I can tell you there is a huge difference in carcas design. The BT003 R/S is taller in the middle and has a much more aggresive design, the motorcycle really wants to fal in much faster. This is also one reason why I picked them up but it is also taking a little bit to get used to the different design.
Bottom line is the BT016 is a street tire and the BT003 R/S is a street/track tire and both are designed that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts