1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Lookin good! Is that a light on the front or just the reflection of your camera?

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Lookin good! Is that a light on the front or just the reflection of your camera?
That's a light.

License plate isn't mounted yet, I have to figure out how to mount it to the undertail, which is already tight against the plastic tray/subframe. (and I can't get to the top with the tail on, in order to tighten/hold the nuts.) I'll probably JBweld some hardware in there.

Also from yesterday night as well (go watch it in better quality ;) )
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPzSA-XcyxY

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
def looking great, no number plate? So u be running track fairings on the street too I guess and hence the light and the license plate?

Yeah, I figure i'll be lazy and not switch back to street plastics unless I plan to do some night riding or longer rides.

The white portions will be where i'll put some numbers.
The fairings when I bought them (this was the good side, the other side had some damage which I fixed up):

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Then came the track prep:
-Hyperpro RSC damper.
-Bridgestone BT-003 RS
-Water Wetter
-Woodcraft spool sliders

My first Trackday. It took me the first two sessions to learn the track and get the gremlins out of my system from my last crash.

I was still basically the slowest guy there, but considering I was only 1 of 2 guys who had never tracked before, I didn't feel bad.

Unfortunately it's hard to get corner pics at this track, so the pics I have aren't that great.

I did get my suspension set-up trackside. The bike felt much better after that.

Yeah, I know my BP is shit here, this was from the first or second session. I was really stiff on the bike until after that.

I never did get knee down, but I did drag my right toe slider twice. The first time was because I had the ball of my foot on the end of the peg, but i'm not sure what happened the second time. I was definitely low enough (I favour leaning to my right side, evident by the chicken strips afterwards. Left still has some unused rubber, but right I at least touched the edge slightly). I must have been tucking in my knee.

I was hoping for some pictures of me in the corners so I could see my BP and figure out where to improve, but no such luck this time.

Here is one of my laps of the last session. Sorry about the shake.
Camera was literally ziptied on as the session was starting, so I didn't really care at that point, just wanted to get on the track.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUb-ToD3gc8

·
Registered
404 Posts
pics look good. If i didnt have to work i woulda been there too. some of my friends showed up. whens the next one? ill be at tmp oct 15-17 race weekend. might try and do the 14th racer 5 track day too. hope to see ya out there!

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics look good. If i didnt have to work i woulda been there too. some of my friends showed up. whens the next one? ill be at tmp oct 15-17 race weekend. might try and do the 14th racer 5 track day too. hope to see ya out there!
Hey man. It's my last/only day for this year. I already blew basically all the money I had saved up getting the bike ready/paying for this track day.

I'm at school now, trying to get a job to save a little, and hopefully get out there next spring.

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts
Looking good :)

I didn't get my knee down on my first day either. Wasn't trying to neither. But still ended up scratching my toe sliders twice. Except I am leaning farther on the left turns usually :sing

·
TopGearAmbitiousButRubish
2,233 Posts
so u dont look at hte speedo and get spooked, just ride by feel especially when it comes to cornering
I thought it may be something like that.

Shoot I rarely look at my speedo and I always "feel" my balls dropping off every time I go to enter a curve. I suppose once I get around to a few track days that will go away though.

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Received 3 Pre-ordered trackdays for 2011 as a Chirstmas present from my parents. :D
Decided to make the R6 track only for this year, to avoid paying insurance.

Removed all decals from the track bodywork.
====Note: Anti-draft and windshield not installed in these pictures.

Adding my own design. Starting with some Kenny Roberts stripes.
=Too bad I butchered the install. Turns out cheap vynal and too much heat make them crinkle like crazy. At least they look good in pictures!
=Also put some "YAMAHA" decals on the belly. They only show up in the sun/reflections. :cool:

I'll probably be adding some more decals at some point, but I want to keep it clean.

Next up, i've got some used parts coming my way.
-Woodcraft cut frame sliders
-Renthal Clipons
Also got some new goodies arriving.
-Agg blockoffs
-40 psi liquid filled air guage.
-Some kind of grips (haven't decided on brand yet)

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
that is a sexy looking bike!

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks good, when and where you doing your track days. Might see ya there
All three days are at TMP. Not sure on the dates yet, all depends on what kind of summer job I can land in between my summer classes. I'll let you know when i'm going though.

that is a sexy looking bike!
Thanks! It's still a WIP but doesn't look too shabby for track stuff.

very nice!
Those R6-forum socks really make it pop eh? Thanks for the complement man. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts